Song One Shot 1: You Belong With Me Pt. 3

y o u r   p o i n t   o f   v i e w

"Good Morning." Draco said with a sly smile.

"Morning." You reply as you sat next to him in the great hall. You then proceed to rub your eyes. You didn't even bother covering up a yawn because of how tired you are. You were wearing the Slytherin sweater Draco had gotten you for your thirteenth birthday. He would still ask you how it still fits you, considering how much you've changed over the years. It has gotten a bit small for you but it still had the same warmth it had when you first held it in your hands. It was what you needed that morning, especially because the weather has gotten colder the past few months. It was nearing winter.

"Rough night?" He asked. The sly smile still on his face.

"Yep, thanks to you." I said, grabbing a slice of bread. Also grabbing the butter, I take a bit and spread it over the toast, sprinkling a bit of sugar on top.

"What are you doing?" Goyle asked after sitting beside me.

"The usual. A recipe taught to me by my mother. I've grown up doing it actually. It tastes good." I tell him tiredly.

(Guys, if you don't like it or haven't tasted it, you could change it. It's all up to you. 😊)

Goyle's face scrunches up as I take a bite, while Draco just continues smiling at me.

"Where's pugface, anyway?" Blaise, who had taken a seat next to Draco, asked him.

"Wasted." Was all Draco could say after laughing. I look at him, muffling a laugh. It would be gross to talk with your mouth full, how much more to laugh.

"You seem so smiley today. What have you eaten?" I ask him jokingly.

"Oh, it's just something that happened last night. Couldn't really tell you. It's, highly confidential." He says, looking down at his plate, smiling like an idiot.

"Oi! Malfoy! Finally shagged Pansy, have you?" Theodore Nott, a friend, shouts from across the table. The whole table looks at Draco, who was still looking down at his plate.

"Nope, something better than that, actually. Sadly, she doesn't remember anything." He says, glancing at me. What the bloody hell did I do last night? I am so anxious to know. After breakfast, I grab the collar of Draco's shirt and pulled him out of the great hall.

"What did I do?!" I demanded. Pushing him on the wall.

"Woah, chill, love." He raises both his hands up in surrender. I feel my features soften.

"You have no right to call me that!" I say, pressing my wand on his throat. I tried to act tough, but my insides are feeling so fuzzy I can't show anger.

"Really? That wasn't what you said to me last night." He said, his signature smirk on his face.

"Whatever I may have said, it wasn't true. I swear-" I said through gritted teeth.

"Dracy?!" I heard Pansy's scream from behind me. I quickly turn behind me in shock. I was not about to hex her boyfriend. I was not about to. I looked at her to see her eyes glimmering. She was crying. She was crying because she had caught me pressed up against her boyfriend, on the verge of hexing him. But in her mind, I bet she thinks I was going to steal him away from her.

"Y/n?! What are you doing with my boyfriend!?" She shouts at me as she grabs me to her and pulls my hair to slap me in the face. I screamed in pain. I wanted to push her away from me and hex her, but I was too scared. I might be expelled.

*flashback*

"I wish you were never my daughter!" My father growls before pulling me to the side and slapping me. I kept quiet, knowing my cries and sobs would make matters worse. I carressed my cheek. He kicked my gut, leaving me helpless on the floor.

"Be thankful that's all you're gonna have today. You are not allowed get out of this room until I say so." He growls before striding out the door and locking it.

I was left alone, on the floor, clutching my stomach. I was left alone, in the room I grew up in, with my twin brother. Sometimes I could still feel him with me, but not even his prescence could comfort me anymore.

"Pansy, stop! Stop it!" Draco shouts as he pulls her away from me. She looks at me in anger before she turns to look at Draco.

"Can't you see?! She was going to kiss you! She's trying to steal you away from me!" She screams at Draco. I sunk onto the ground, covering my ears in fear. Who knew pugface could slap that hard? I was breathing fast. With just a simple slap, I felt helpless, useless.

"She wasn't trying to steal me! You are! That's it Pansy, we're done!" Draco shouts back at her in anger before he crouches next to me and wraps an arm to me. I didn't know what Pansy did next, all I heard was sobbing.

"Shh. It's alright, you're okay now. She's gone. Shh, love, stop crying." He tries to comfort me. It did help a bit. I couldn't help but remember the time when I was younger, before I received my Hogwarts letter. My parents would abuse me, saying that I was the worst excuse for a child. They told me things. Things that shouldn't be told to a child. They've done things to me. Things a child shouldn't be experiencing. My twin brother was all I had back then, until he left, too. He left me alone. He said we were going to see each other grow up and have families, but no, he left too soon.

Ever since I got to Hogwarts and made friends with some people, including Draco, they would invite me to stay at their place but I declined, saying that I would just be alright staying here at Hogwarts. Professor Dumbledore knew about my situation, which was why he had told Professor McGonagall to take care of me, to which she agreed. I was grateful for her love and care. She was more of a mother to me than my real mother was.

"I shouldn't have done that. If I wasn't so mad at you, I wouldn't have done that. I'm so sorry. I've ruined your future Draco. I'm so sorry. I ruined something that could've been so perfect for the both of you. I'm so sorry. It was my fault the both of you had to break up. I'm the worst best friend ever. I'm such a failure. I'm so sor-" He cut me off.

"Shh. It wasn't your fault. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be able to do this." I look up at him in confusion to see him leaning toward my face, pressing his soft and tender lips on mine. The moment was cut off by him pulling away quickly. He immediately pulled me into a hug.

"Please don't say that, love. You haven't done anything wrong. If there was anything you've done, you made things the way they were supposed to be. I love you, Y/n. I was just too scared to tell you so. I could only show you." He said, kissing my forehead. My breaths were still ragged. He hugged me again, tighter this time. It felt like he didn't want to let go of me until I was okay. Until I have calmed down.

"I will never leave you, love. I will never. I swear to Merlin. You have no idea how much I love you Y/n. Please, calm down, love. I'm right here. I'll protect you, I promise." He whispers in my ear. I hug back.

"I love you too." I whisper.

- - -

Guys!! I need your opinions about my writing!!! Also, once again, if you have any requests, just pm me. I'll try to update as soon as I can but for now, my temporary schedule will be on Sundays. (Philippine time)

- Estelle 💖