One Shot 6: Notes pt. 2

As the days go by, the notes become uncountable. Nowadays, I receive one in every class. Pansy thought it would be a nice idea to keep the notes in a container, just so it would be easy to look through them to reminisce soon. I still kept getting odd looks from Draco Malfoy but there was this one time that things were more than usual.

About a few weeks ago, I had caught Draco, along with some of his friends, Vincent, Gregory, and Blaise nudging each other as I pass by them through the halls, that is, if I catch them staring at me. Then before the day ended, it was then Draco shot a smile at me along with a small wave. I decided to be polite and returned the gesture. As soon as I waved, the boys started cheering Draco on, leaving me utterly bewildered at their actions.

I was currently at the common room, the same spot I was when I first received the note and started to rummage through the textbook to hopefully study enough for the final examinations that will be held tomorrow. My books were messily laid out on the table. Some were on the floor and on the couch. As I read my way through the Potions book, I occasionally pull my hair to relieve my stress, making it stand on weird angles. I probably looked like a mess. I get up to give myself a break and walk over to another table with a pitcher of water and some glasses. Sighing, I pour myself a glass.

"Stressed?" A male voice calls out from behind me as I stare out the window and into the darkness of the Black Lake.

"Very." I replied with a low giggle.

"Want me to help you? I saw your books sprawled on the table and figured you might need some help with it." He offered.

"Oh no, no. I'm doing fine." I say turning around to face the stranger. As I see him in full view, I realize that the person I was talking to was actually not a stranger. It was Draco, with his hair teased up in different angles -- almost like he just got out of bed -- with a toothy grin pasted on his face. I return his grin with a small smile as I make my way to the table, looking down to hid the blush creeping on my face. As I plop down on the floor, I quickly try to pat down my hair.

"Well, judging by the way you look right now, I think you need help." He says, walking over to sit across me.

"Help with my studies or my mental health?" I retort. He then put out a 'thinking' face, along with his pointer finger tapping his chin.

"Hmm, I think, both." He says, a smile growing on his face by the second, his remark making me roll my eyes and let out a small giggle as I open my book to the page I stopped reading. But then, there it was, again, a note. Always the usual thing.

'You are beautiful, you always are.'

"Someone just keeps sending me notes. Not that I mind, but why? It's not like I'm special or anything. Heck, I'm not even the least bit pretty but the notes say otherwise and I believe they are lies." I say my thoughts out loud, hopefully getting some answers from Draco. Who knows? He could know.

"Y/n, don't say that. You are an amazing person. You just don't know it because you don't look at yourself the way people look at you. Don't doubt yourself, love." He says, standing up and sitting beside me. He opens his arms to pull me into a hug and I give in. I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't know at all. I pushed him away and started to work on my things.

"I'm sorry if you feel offended. Not that your hug isn't nice. Well -- um, you hug isn't ni-- no, no. Uhm, you hug just perfectly fine. I -- I just have to continue studying -- that's all." I stammer, avoiding his eyes. Oh gosh, please don't remind me how much of an idiot I am. To my astonishment, he responded with a low chuckle, sending pleasant sound waves to my ears and starting up the butterflies again.

"Alright, love. Do get some rest." He chuckles, making my heart flutter and a blush creep onto my cheeks as soon as the word came tumbling out of his mouth. Love. The way it sounds is like music produced by angels to my ears. Oh dear God, help me.

- - -

"Pansy, where are you taking me?" I ask her, my eyes currently blindfolded.

"Just trust me." She whispers to my ears as I follow her. Ever since me and Draco got closer, we've trusted each other, and that was months ago.

"Okay, your foot up a bit -- a step up -- yep, that's it. Alright, wait here." She whispers in my ear as I wait patiently. After a few moments, I couldn't hear a single thing, not even a faint rustle of footsteps. I start to panic at the suspense.

"Love? You alright?" Draco's voice whispers in my ear as I sign in relief.

"Yeah. Thank goodness you're here. I thought Pansy left me in the middle of nowhere." I say.

I feel my blindfold coming off and I catch the cloth in my hands. I open my eyes to see a bunch of green colored donuts -- probably matcha flavored ones, which are my number one fave (change it if you want ) -- shaped into a heart on the wall in front of me. Then there was a banner hung on the bottom that said, "Happy Birthday, munchkin.". It took me moments to let the message sink in. I turn around to look at Draco to see him with the biggest smile on his face.

"Are you serious?" I whispered, a smile creeping up my lips. He kisses me in response and I knew. I nodded my head furiously, my cheeks hurting from smiling.

"Munchkin?" I ask with a smile. He smiles back at me and pulls me in a hug to press a kiss on my forehead.

"Yes, my dear." He whispers into my ear.

"Don't start." I warn him.

I could truly say that was one of the best moments in my life.