Chapter 28: Don't Let Go

Everyone was frantic. The war has begun. Black robes flashing in front of my eyes. Echoes of screams and curses filled my ears as I search for Draco in the crowd. Tears in my eyes started to drip down my already wet and clammy cheeks. My breathing gradually getting faster as I walk through the chaotic halls.

It wasn't long before when I remember us running late to our classes, or sitting under the tree during our free time. Chatting about what our future would be like. Talking about the events. Even playing wizard'a chess. It's such a shame we all had to grow up.

A curse was thrown onto me, unclear to me. If not for a strong pair of arms that pulled me away from where I stood, I'd be dead or injured. I was pulled into an old, dusty, and dark classroom.

"Y/n, you've got to be careful! Merlin, I don't know what I'd do if I saw you dead on the floor!" Draco scolds me, as if I were a baby. He quickly searches my face and body for scratches and wounds, but found nothing.

"Thank goodness, you're alright." I stood there - as if I were in a trance as he wrapped his big, strong, muscular arms around me. I melt into his warm embrace. Oh, how I long to be in his arms again. It's been too long. Too long, and I don't want this feeling to end.

"Please, don't let me go." I whisper as the tears threaten to fall once again.

"It's been hard for me to not be able to see your eyes when I wake up each morning. Or to not feel you close to me. Don't go, Dray. Please." I beg. The tears now streaming endlessly. I clutch him tight, afraid of him leaving.

"Don't you understand that this has been hard for me too? For Merlin's sake, I've got to protect you, Y/n! You're all I have left!" He says with a certain growl in his voice, making me tremble in fear. He slightly pushes me away. I hardly saw him angry like this, nor would I want to see him this angry. I stayed silent.

"I-I'm sorry, love. I didn't mean to scare you. I-It's just that, I've lost my parents to the enemy, I don't want to lose you too." He says, tears falling down his cheeks as I wipe them away. We both cry and grieve.

"Just promise me that you'll stay here until everything is done? I'll come back, I promise." He says after a while and kisses me a dozen of times before leaving one last, lingering kiss on my lips.

"I promise." I reply.

"I love you so much, Y/n." He says, kissing my head.

"I love you too, Draco. Come back in one piece, please." I remind him before he goes out the door and I lock it with charms, praying and waiting until he comes back for me.