One Shot 13: Angel

"Baby, I'm right here." I whisper in her ear as she struggles to breathe.

"Shh, Daddy's coming for you." I try to comfort her but she looks at me with pleading eyes. It looked as if she was telling me that it was going to be alright.

"Love? Angel?" Draco's voice booms through the muggle hospital room. Our little girl, Angel was diagnosed with Pleuro-pulmonary Cancer two years ago. Her condition is quite rare, considering the fact that it only happens to children ranging from three to eight. It started right after her third birthday. St. Mungos could only identify the mass in her lungs as water, therefore they did all means to drain it out but a few weeks later, they've discovered that the mass is definitely not just water so they advised us to transfer to a muggle hospital where their equipment is much more advanced and complex.

"Draco! Is Scorpius with you?" I ask him hurriedly.

"Yes, yes. He's right here." He says as I stand up to walk to him.

"Dray, she needs you." I whisper to him sadly, knowing that this could be the last time we'd see her.

After two years of chemotherapy and a few surgeries, the doctor had told us that there is nothing else to take out the tumor growing in her lungs again. It has been a really hard time for us. Lucius even stopped working for a while just to take care of Angel.

d r a c o ' s  p o i n t  o f  v i e w

"Hey baby, how're you feeling?" I say, trying my best not to make my voice crack. It's hard, seeing your little girl hurting and you can't do anything to ease her pain.

"I'm trying Dad." She croaks out, struggling to breathe.

"Do you need anything? Ice cream? Pizza?" I ask, wanting to give her everything she wants before she leaves. The thought of not seeing her ever again scares me. I've never wanted to lose any of my girls or even my boy and yet, it's happening.

"I just need you, Dad." She pleads through the oxygen mask.

"And Mommy, and Scorpy. And Granma and Granpa"

"Alright, I'll tell Mommy to call them, okay?" I tell her, getting up to call Y/n.

"Love? Angel needs Mum and Dad." I tell her as she hurries to send a patronus.

"Dad?" She croaks, grabbing my hand.

"Yes, princess?" I ask her, trying not to cry, she needs to see us happy so she wouldn't worry about us when she's gone.

"I want to slide down the rainbows and dance with the stars." She whispers as she smiles.

"You will, princess, soon enough." I tell her while I stroke her hair.

"How's our little princess?" Mum's voice booms all throughout the room as she enter to find Angel in such a dishevelled state.

"She's doing alright, mum." I tell her a lie. Angel's not supposed to know she's dying. Of course, she's five and she's smarter than we think she is. Soon enough, Y/n and Scorpius walk toward me, settling down on the bed beside me.

"Mama and Papa can't make it." Y/n whispers into my ear and I nod.

"I love you Mommy." She whispers, reaching out for Y/n's hand.

"I love you Daddy." She squeezes my hand softly.

"I love you Scorpy." She says as she looks at her older brother.

"I love you too Angel." He whispers to her.

"I love you Granma." She says as Mum walks over to thr other side of the bed.

"I love you Granpa." She says, making Father look up at her with glistening eyes.

Beep beep beep.

Everyone's heads turn to look at the monitor to see her blood pressure dropping, the heart beat monitor is slowly beeping slower by the second. Y/n lets out a small sob. I look at Angel to see her struggle to breathe again. Due to instinct, I quickly run to the nurse's desk and ask for help. The nurses quickly follow behind me. As I return back to the room, I could see Mum and Dad pushed out of the room and Y/n and Scorpius being pushed aside.

"No! Angel, no!" Y/n screams, tears streaming down her face while Scorpius clutches his mother's shirt in his hands, burying his face onto her side, wetting her shirt. I feel tears slowly trickle down my cheeks as I see my little princess slowly die. I grab
Y/n to me, hugging her tight, Scorpius squeezing in between us.

- - -

"She was an amazing child. We wouldn't ask for someone else. During this hard time in our life, I realized that people we love don't really leave us." Y/n speaks on behalf of our family.

"I couldn't ask for anything else than to see her, hug her before she'll go. But I know that there is a perfectly good reason that she has left us so soon. Her mission in life is fulfilled, and that mission is to keep our family strong and intact. That mission is to show us that above everything else, there is always love for one another." She the walks over to sit beside me as we watch her coffin buried onto the ground. I could feel Y/n's wet tears prickling my skin through my shirt. I hug her tight, as Scorpius runs over to mum.

"Shh, love. It's going to be alright. At least she's not in pain anymore. At least she isn't suffering." I try to comfort Y/n as she continues to cry on my shoulder.

"I-"

"Shh, I lost one of my girls. I can't lose you too." I tell her and with that, her sobs become less frequent.

- - -

"She is lovely isn't she?" Y/n says as she cradles our newborn, Cassiopeia. She has just gotten out of the hospital a few weeks ago and she has been healthier than ever. Not to mention how much she looks like Angel.

"Just like you, love." I tell her as I look down at Cassie. I could feel her blush as she moves her head to look away from me. A small white butterfly then flutters over to Cassie, landing on the blanket wrapped around her.

"Draco, Angel's paid us a visit!" Y/n says giddily.

"Scorpius! Your Angel's here!" I shout, hoping to see him outdoors for once and not stuck inside his room for at least a day.

"What?! That's not possible!" Scorpius shouts as he walks over to us. I shot a glare at him, making him shut up. His eyes darts toward Cassie and his eyes soften at the sight of a little white butterfly.

"Come here, kiddo." Y/n says calmly, patting the space beside her motioning for the now thirteen year old Scorpius to sit.

"Just like the old times." I whisper to Y/n. She looks up at me with her eyes twinkling. She flashes me a smile.

"But with an addition to the family." She says softly, her gaze shifting back to Cassie.

"You live your life for your sister, little one."