One Shot 19: Mommy's Little Prince

d r a c o ' s   p o i n t   o f   v i e w

"Scorpius! Come back here!" I shout as I try to run after my son, who a second ago, was ready to be tucked in for bedtime. Oh God, I knew it was such a hassle to take care of kids. Well, not that I don't want to have one of my own. It's just that, I'm never good with children. I should've known. I picked a bad day for a day off. Again. And I left my wand at the office, again. I slow down as I try to catch my breath.

"Your mother's going to kill me. Oh Merlin, please protect me." I prayed. I never wanted to see Y/n mad, it's like she becomes this, merciless fire-breathing dragon whenever she's pissed or something. But she never turns into that terrifying animal when it comes to Scorpius. I still do love her, even if she prefers her son rather than me.

"Love, I'm home!" I hear Y/n's voice down the hallway. Oh no, she's here. What do I do? Uhm, distraction? Yes. Yes.

"Psst! Scorpius! You wanna greet your mama downstairs?" I whisper as I finally find him inside our room. His eyes lit up as he ran past me and down the hall to the staircase. I run after him again, for he might trip down the stairs. To my relief,
Y/n was there at the bottom of the stairs so I proceeded to the room to prepare the surprise I had for her.

y o u r   p o i n t   o f   v i e w

"Aw, my little prince, there you are!" I coo as I wait for Scorpius to walk down the stairs.

"Baby, you don't need to run. I'm not going anywhere." I assure him as he tried to slow down his pace.

"Hey there! Where's your papa?" I ask him as he giggles in my arms. He hits my face, making me sigh. Ugh, kids. I carry him up the stairs and into his room, as I tuck him in for bed. As usual, he falls asleep after I sing him a lullaby, which surprisingly, calms him down. I smile down at him, happy to see what Draco and I's love has made.

"Sweet dreams, little one." I whisper as I leave a soft kiss on his temple. I walk out the room, closing the door on the way. I walk back downstairs to look if there was dinner left. I yelped as I felt a strong pair of arms circle around my waist.

"Hey love." I hear his husky voice in my ear as I felt goosebumps run up my body. It was times like these I cherished the most. We never really had time alone, especially because of work and Scorpius but, we have a few date nights here and there. I felt him press kitten kisses on my neck, tickling me and making me giggle. He then cups my cheek and stares at me lovingly.

"What?" I ask him.

"Nothing. You just, look so beautiful." He says, kissing me and I kiss back. I press a finger to his lips to stop him from kissing me.

"Love, I'm hungry." I tell him with a smile.

"Alright. Let's get dinner." He says as he links my arm with this.

"So, you said Scorpius was your prince?" He asked with fake jealousy.

"Yes, he is." I confirmed, and it was then his smile dropped and his legs became much more stiff as we walked down the stairs.

"But you're my king." I say with a smile on my face as I press a kiss on his pink lips. I skip the last step as I run to the kitchen.

"But what about my surprise?" I hear him mutter as I giggle. Man, I am famished.