One Shot 11: A Million Reasons

He's at it again. I have a right to be angry at him for flirting with other girls, but I don't knowing that in the end, I give in to his excuses because I'm just that weak. He's been doing this for about three months now, and I'm scared that anytime soon he'd leave. Just like they all did. I shake the thought and try to stand up for myself this time. No more buts, no more yets, and no more hesitations. I will get this done.

"Draco, can I have a word with you?" I whisper into his ear, clearly interrupting his conversation with a girl whose boobs and butt are thrice the size as mine, whose waist is five times smaller than mine. I've compared myself to the girls he's been talking with and trying to have the body they have.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be right back." He says to the girl before walking with me outside.

"What was that all about?" I yell at him as soon as I step out of the door.

"What, y/n?" He groans, his hand slapping his forehead.

"Oh, you know exactly what I mean." I say with my arms crossed and my foot tapping the ground as I wait patiently for his answer.

"It was just a friendly talk, y/n!" He retorts, making me scoff in response.

"A friendly talk, Draco? Her neckline was pulled down to the point that her boobs were about to pop out of her dress! And, her skirt was pulled up until you could barely see any cloth covering her saggy ass! Is that what you call a friendly talk?! Not to mention that you were ogling at something she has that I clearly don't!" I shout at him as I look away, tears starting to form in my eyes.

"What? What does she have that you don't?" He shouts back at me.

"Everything! She has everything! She has the looks, the appeal, the confidence-"

"So I don't mean anything to you?" He suddenly shouts as I stop rambling and look at him dead in the eye. We were both panting from all the anger. I close my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Of course you do! Why do you think I would try to make myself look pretty everytime? I know I'm not good enough for you, so I try to be." I tell him.

"So, you're insecure? Is that it?"

"Yes! Yes I am! I get so self-conscious that I try to make myself look like the girls you talk to."

"You have given me a million reasons to leave, but I didn't." I open my eyes to look at him with a cold glare.

"I loved you too much to even think about leaving. I have a bad habit of falling into things I shouldn't fall into and this is one of them. I'm not saying falling in love is a bad idea. It's just a really big risk for me to take. To you, it may not matter but to me, that's saying a lot." I breathe out, calming myself.

"So, get your act together and love your next victim like she means everything to you. I'm sorry, but I don't think this would work anymore." I say before walking away. I felt a hand gripping my wrist and pulling me back to face him.

"If you say so. Can I get one last kiss?" He asks, looking deep into my eyes. I look away from him.

"Fine." I tell him before he leans in. I close my eyes and wait until he pressed his lips on mine. He kissed me with so much passion, as if he was scared to lose me. But he's just acting, right? He just doing it on purpose. We both pull away, and I look up at him. He looked at me with pure sadness, as if he doesn't want me to go.

"Please, take him to the moon for me, take him like how you promised me. Love him more than you ever loved me." He whispered to me as I nod.

"Goodbye. I love you. More than you think I do." He says, letting go of my arms. He actually is letting me go. He went back inside, leaving me in the cold dark alley.

a few years later

"Scorpius, let's go!" I hear a faint male voice in the background as I usher my nephew, Teddy Lupin (let's just say...), up the train.

"Alright, you're going to be a good boy, okay?" I tell him as he nods.

"Now, don't forget to write to me, alright?"

"Okay, Auntie Y/n."

"Come here." I say as I pull him in a hug.

"Your parents are so proud of you. Remember that." I whisper into his ear as the horn blows.

"I love you. Stay safe, okay?" I tell him before giving him a quick kiss on his cheek. I back away from him as he steps up the train, a small smile playing on my lips. I look around to see a familiar blond haired man with a smile on his face as he hugs his son.

He stood next to a woman of my age, quite beautiful and rich. His eyes wander until they met mine. His eyes were smiling, much more than when we used to be together. I'm glad he's found someone new, someone he truly loves. Even if it means me getting heartbroken as eventually die a spinster. Actually, hopefully not. He sends a smile on my way as I smile back at him.

All was well. Maybe for them.