04

Lyra (1)

I joined my father and Korra for some breakfast before I headed to the city.

"Bleh..." My tongue stuck out of my mouth and I made a sour face due to the taste of my cold tea. My father noticed my unpleasant expression and raised his brow at me, "Why the face?"

"It's cold." I said. He chuckled and continued to eat. With my free hand, I placed it under the cup and made a small flame from the palm of my hand.

After a few seconds, I closed my hand and took another sip of my tea. I hummed as I felt the warm liquid flow down my throat.

"And in the final round, The Buzzered Wasps won with a decisive knock out!" Korra read from a newspaper. "What do you say we go to the arena tonight? Catch a few pro-bending matches."

"That sport is a mockery of the noble tradition of bending." He replied. I sighed, "You and your noble traditions."

"C'mom Tenzin! I've dreamed about seeing a pro-bending match since I was a kid and now I'm just a ferry boat away from the arena." She persuaded us to look outside the window behind us that clearly showed the golden arena. Literally.

"Korra, you're not here to watch that drivel. You're here to finish your Avatar training. So for the time being, I want you to remain on the island."

"Is that why you're keeping the white lotus centuries around to watch my every move?"

"Yes. In order to learn air bending, I believe you require a calm, quiet environment - free from any distractions."

"Alright, you're the master."

I stood up from my seat and grabbed a piece of bread that I hadn't finished. "I'm heading out now."

"Wha- where are you going?" Korra asked me. "To the city for...." from the corner of my eyes, I saw my father sending me a glare. "To run some errands for my dad. Since he's training you today, he won't be able to get them done. You know how he is, very... single-minded."

I walked over and gave my father a kiss on the cheek before I waved goodbye to them.

Once I was on the ferry, Kano started to strike up an interesting conversation. "You look lovely today." He complimented. "Thank you Kano." I said with a small smile.

"I've been meaning to ask... I never get the chance to since you're always so busy or in a rush to get to the city and I-"

I cut him off, "What's your question Kano?"

"Oh um... would you maybe like to go out tonight? Like on a... a date?"

I cocked an eyebrow, "A date?" I've never been on a date. Well, not a real one. Date nights are usually just a fun joke between Bolin, Mako, and I.

"Yes, a date. We could go to the Water Wish Noodles or to that nice Fire Nation diner they just opened."

"I can't tonight actually. It's date night." I said. "I thought you only had those on the weekends?" Kano questioned.

I nodded, "We do. But, tonight is different. You see, I missed last night's match and you know I never do. So to make it up, I'm paying for a surprise date night."

Kano sighed, "I see."

"Maybe another time though." I placed my hand on his shoulder and gave him a smile before I walked off of the ferry boat and made my way to the arena.

>>>

Once I was inside, I made my way upstairs to Mako and Bolin's room.

"Knock-knock!" I said while I knocked on the open door. "Your favorite person in the world is here!"

"Lyra!" I was lifted in the air and spun around by none other than Bolin. "You're okay!"

I chuckled once I was put down, "Of course I'm okay, why wouldn't I be?"

"He was paranoid that something happened to you last night and that's why you didn't come." Mako walked over to us with his hands in his pockets. I scratched the back of my head nervously, "Something came up and my dad didn't let me leave."

"Ah, it's okay." Mako put his arm over my shoulder. "Just don't miss another one."

"So you guys aren't mad?" I asked hopefully. Bolin shook his head, "Of course not. We don't expect you to drop everything for us almost every night."

"Oh good! I was going to arrange a surprise date night for you because I thought you were mad. Too bad you're not mad though, this one was gonna be on me." I smirked.

Bolin and Mako looked to each other for a second before looking back to me and started to yell things like, "How could you do this to us?! Do we mean nothing to you?! For shame!"

I laughed, "Alright, alright. Water Wish Noodles tonight on me!"

They both cheered while Mako lifted me up onto his shoulder.

"Put me down!" Once Mako did so, I shook my head and playfully rolled my eyes, "You guys are annoying."