38

Lyra (1)

Naga made it very clear that we did not fit on her back. So Asami thought of another option for transportation. 

Asami lead us to one of Future Industries warehouses. As we walked deeper in, we started to get confused.

"What are we looking for exactly?" I asked Asami.

"I'll be right back." She turned and walked away from us. Asami went into a large building and we waited outside for her.

The building's garage opened, showing the front of a car. The blinding lights turned on as did the engine.

Asami drove the car over to us before hitting on the brake. The tires screeched as they slid across the floor.

"You think this'll do?" Asami smirked.

We all grinned while running over to the car. Bolin, Korra and I hopped into the back seat. I  was in the middle of the two.

"I like the new Team Avatar's style." Mako said. Asami shifted her gear before taking off. We were in the streets in a matter of minutes.

We drove around the city, looking for any trouble caused by Equalists or any other crime.

My mind couldn't help but wonder about Shin. Has he really turned a chapter? Did he lie? What's he doing right now?

My thoughts were interrupted when the radio came on.

"Unit 2-16, cancel that 10-58 in army tower. Come back to the station, over."

"My dad had police scanners installed in all his cars. I guess now I know why." Asami sighed.

Not even a second later, the police scanner came back on. "Calling all units. Level four alert. Jail break at head quarters, officers down - electrocuted. Chi-Blockers and Equalist convicts are still at large - armed and dangerous. Last seen heading East. I repeat, level four alert. Equalist jail break."

Asami stepped on the breaks as vans and motorcyles drove past.

"Chi-Blockers!"

"That's them!"

"Let's get 'em!"

Asami shifted her gear and followed after the Equalists.

A truck blocked us from the other side. To get over, Korra and Bolin bender a ramp. We all yelled until we landed.  We easily caught up to them.

Mako and I stood up from our seats, shooting lightning from our fingers at the motorcyclists. Bolin shot at some as well.

The Equalists in front of us sent out smoke from their vehicles, blocking our view.

"Help me out! We gotta make this turn!" Asami said. We made the sharp turn with the help of Korra's bending.

"They don't know we made the turn. Get ready..." Asami shifted her gear once again, speeding up the car.

When she ran over the motorcycles, the Equalists that were riding them jumped onto the hood of the car.

One jumped into the back seat. Bolin tried to attack, but the Equalist chi-blocked him. I groaned, this better work!

I placed my hands around his leg, doing everything I could to get the electricity flowing. When I felt the sparklers, I smirked. The Equalist screamed as he knocked out next to me. Korra and I threw him out.

The only thing left was the van. Asami sped up and gained on them. Once we were close enough, Mako shot out lightning and electrocuted the driver. The van swerved and eventually crashed on its side. Asami stopped the car and we all jumped out.

I ran over and opened the van's doors. All the Equalists and prisoners inside were all knocked out.

"Get me some rope!" I yelled to them.

>>>

After we rounded up and tied all the criminals, photographers from the daily news, who got here faster than the police did, wanted pictures of us. And to which we gladly accepted.

We turned around when sirens were heard. The police had just gotten arrived. Tarrlok, along with some of his task force, hurried over to us.

"Avatar Korra, what do you think you're doing?!" Tarrlok asked.

With her hands on her hips, Korra smiled. "Oh hey Tarrlok. Nice of you to show up finally." She persuaded her hand out to the tied criminals who were being taken away by the task force members. "Here, we captured the escaped convicts for you."

"What you did was tear up the city and impede the real authorities in their pursuit of these criminals." Tarrlok replied.

I snickered.

"What's funny?!" Tarrlok glared at me.

"What's funny is that we didn't see your little task force or the cops the whole time. If it wasn't for Team Avatar, they would've gotten away." I smirked while putting my arm over Korra's shoulder.

"This is your last warning!" Tarrlok threatened while he pointed to the both of us. "Stay out of my way."

I made my voice higher to try to sound like Ikki. "Bye-bye ponytail man!"

Korra bursted into laughter and I did too.

Side Note: Long time, no see readers ((: so I've decided to remove Kano as a love interest for Lyra. I'm not really into his character, but I still want to make him interesting in the story. I don't know, we'll see. Sorry if he somehow vanishes in this book. Maybe he'll pop back up in the future ones.