05

Lyra (1)

Later that night, it was time for Mako and Bolin's match. An important match because if they lose, there goes our dream of being in the championship.

I waited for Mako and Bolin at the balcony. As I waited, I looked out to the ring. I've never physically been on it. I wonder how it feels to be so high up. For hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people to look down at you and cheer your name.

"What do you think? Best seats in the house, huh?"

I chuckled, figuring Bolin brought in another one of his fangirls. But I was wrong. When I turned around, I gasped with wide eyes when I saw Korra beside Bolin. She pretty much had the same reaction to seeing me.

"Lyra?!" "Korra?!"

"What are you doing here?!" I asked her while standing up from the bench and walking over to her.

"Oh... you two know each other?" Bolin asked, pointing back to each of us individually.

"What's going on here?" Mako asked when he walked in with Hasook. "Bolin, I told you. You have to stop bringing your crazy fangirls in here before the matches. You know they get all crazy on Lyra sometimes. Get her out of here."

"She's not a fangirl, Mako." I sighed. "She's my friend."

"Some friend! Does Tenzin know you're here?" Korra asked with her arms crossed.

"Tenzin? As in Councilman Tenzin?" Mako interjected. "Why would he care if you're here?"

"He's her dad." I covered Korra's mouth quickly. Mako and Bolin widened their eyes, "Tenzin is your dad?!"

"How come you never told us?" Mako asked while putting his gloves on. "During the six years we've known each other, you didn't think it would've been cool to tell us?"

I nervously chuckled, "You never asked?"

"We'll talk about this later. C'mon Bolin." They place their helmets on and Bolin shortly joins Mako and Hasook to the escalator that will bring them to the ring.

"Good luck!" Korra and I told them. We walked over to the edge of the balcony and waited for the match to start. "He didn't want me to tell you I come here since it would be a distraction."

Korra nodded slowly. "It's alright, Lyra. But boy, do you have some explaining to do to them!"

I chuckled, "Thanks to you!" Korra lightly laughed, "Yeah... sorry about that."

Our attention was averted to the stage when the lights dimmed and a spotlight shined on the middle of the ring. Up on the stage came the usual man who introduces the teams.

"Introducing... the Fire Ferrets!"

"The rookie Ferrets came from outta nowhere and have made it further than anyone expected this season. But tonight, they face their toughest test yet folks.

And their off! The two teams waste no time trying to blast each other out of zone one!

Hasook is the first to feel the heat of the Tigerdillos. He tries to return the favor, but they're too fast for him while Mako show cases his trademark 'cool under fire' style.

Oh, the Tigerdillos score with a walloping one-two combo!

Can the teammate hold on to their zone one territory?

Guess not! Mako's over the line! The Tigerdillos get the green light and advance into Ferret territory."

"Come on Ferrets!"

"You got this boys! Give it your  all!"

"Looks like Hasook's in trouble! He's in zone three, teetering over the brink.

And Hasook takes a dip! He'll be back for round two! Assuming the fabulous bending brothers can hold their ground until the next round. 

"Round one goes to the Golden Temple Tigerdillos!"

"Shake it off!" I yelled.

"The Fire Ferrets are knocked into zone two and the Tigerdillos advance!

The Fire Ferrets cinch the round in the closing second! It's one-a-piece! Still anyone's match as we go into the third and final round!"

"That's what I'm talking about!" I cheer. "Keep it up!"

"Hasook stumbles and now he tumbles right into his teammate! He and Bolin better untangle quick if they don't want to- oh! Too late!"

"Oh no."

"Play it right Mako!"

"It's all up to Mako now! He's bobbing and weaving! He's weaving and bobbing! But he's not hitting back!

If Mako's knocked out, the Ferrets fabulous season is over!

He's dancing on the edge of the ring, surviving the three-on-one hoorah! It seems his plan is to let the Tigerdillos punch themselves out!

And his plan is working! Hong is in the pool! They've got nothing left in the tank and Mako is only offensive!

It's two-on-one - scratch that, it's one-one-one and it's an Earth and fire slug fest!

There's so much smoke and dust from the Fire, I can't even see where the Fire Ferret is!

It's a knockout! What a win they got with a hat trick folks! Mako pulls off the offset of the season, winning the match for the Fire Ferrets!"

I jumped up and down and cheered with Bolin as he ran onto the balcony.

"One more win and we're in the championship tournament!" Bolin finished with a snap of his fingers. "So, what'd ya think Korra? Bolins got some moves, huh?"

Korra grabbed his shirt and pulled him toward her, "What did I think? What did I think?! That was amazing!" She pushed him back, causing him to stumble.

"You did more harm than good out there! You almost cost us the match!" Mako scolded Hasook. "We won, didn't we?" Hasook defended.

"Barely!"

"Get off my case, pal!" Hasook angrily threw his helmet to the floor and left out the balcony.

"Useless." Mako said.

"You guys were incredible out there! Especially you mister 'hat trick!'" Korra grinned to Mako.

Mako walked passed her without even giving her a side glance. "Oh, you're still here?"

"Oh, you're still a jerk?" Korra responded back. I snickered and walked over to Mako. "You really did do good." I told him with a smile. "Totally had the girls fired up out there."

"I'd kinda like to know what's going on with you." Mako said. "Why didn't you tell us?"

I sighed, "Because I didn't want you guys to see me differently."

"Differently?" Bolin raised his brows.

"I grew up fine and you guys didn't." I clarified. "So that's what mattered?" Mako furrowed his brows. "No- ugh... I used to think that." I shook my head. "But as we got older, I just got used to you guys not knowing so I didn't bother telling you. I'm sorry, really." I frowned.

"No more secrets." Bolin said and extended his fist out to us. I nodded with a chuckle, "No more secrets." Mako and I bumped our fists with Bolin's then made an explosion sound with our mouths when we pulled them back.

"Now for a proper introduction. Mako, Bolin," I persuaded my arms out to Korra. "Korra. Korra, Mako and Bolin."