12

Lyra (1)

Before we headed inside, Korra, Mako, and I placed on hats and coats to disguise ourselves. When we got off of Naga, I was fixing my hat. "Does it look okay?" I asked Mako.

He half-smiled, "I've never seen you in a hat. You look good."

I sighed, "I'm not gonna lie... I'm nervous."

Mako nodded, "We all are." As Mako wrapped his scarf around my neck, our eyes met. "There." He softly said while moving a piece of my hair behind my ear.

We laced our fingers together and started to walk toward the building.

"What are you doing?"

I peeked over the other side of Mako and saw that Korra was holding his arm. "We'll attract less attention this way."

I chuckled, "You're quite the player mister." He softly nudged me with a half-smile.

When we reached the door, a very tall man was guarding it. He crossed his arms, "This is a private event. Nobody gets in without an invitation."

I squeezed Mako's hand out of nervousness. He tried to reassure me by rubbing my hand with his thumb.

"Uh, invitation?" Korra asked. I looked down at Mako's pocket and saw the Revelation poster sticking out. I grabbed it and handed it to Mako. He let go of my hand and showed the doorman the poster, "You mean this?"

The doorman grabbed it and examined it for a moment. "The Revelation is upon us, my brother and sisters." He let us pass and once we were inside, Korra let go of Mako's arm then he grabbed ahold of my hand and laced our fingers together once again.

When we entered the room where everyone was walking into, there were hundreds and hundreds of people down in front of the stage. "I knew a lot of people hated benders, but I've never seen so many in one place." Mako said. "Keep your eyes out for Bolin."

We walked down toward the stage and once we were upfront, I noticed the large image of Amon hung behind the stage - the same picture of him from the poster. I slightly jumped when the spotlights turned on. "Please welcome your hero, your savior, Amon!"

The crowd cheered as smoke drifted onto the stage and Amon rose from under the stage with several equalists behind him.

The thought of Bolin being with this creepy dude sent me chills. Then the thought of me being taken to him made me begin to sweat. This time, I hugged Mako's arm. "You're okay." He whispered.

"My quest for equality began many years ago. When I was a boy, my family and I lived on a small farm..." As Amon started to tell his life story, I whispered to Mako, "We need a plan. Any ideas?"

Mako shook his head, "Still thinking."

"As you know, the Avatar has recently arrived in Republic City," the crowd began to boo and Korra slumped down into her coat. "And if she were here, she would tell you bending brings balance to the world. But, she is wrong. The only thing bending has brought to the world is suffering. It has been the cause of every war in every era. But that is about to change.

I know you have been wondering, 'What is the Revelation?' You are about to get your answer! Since the beginning of time, the spirits have acted as guardians of our world. And they have spoken to me. They say the Avatar has failed humanity. That is why the spirits have chosen me to usher in a new era of balance! They have granted me a power that will make equality a reality — the power to take a person's bending away, permanently."