25

Lyra (1)

"It's so dark in here. Open the blinds." My father said when he walked into my room. When I didn't answer, he sighed and walked over to the blinds, opening them. "Dad!" I whined, covering myself with my blanket.

"You've been in this room for twenty-four hours! I was being nice and didn't say anything, but now I am. You need to get up, Lyra." My father said.

I removed the blankets off of me. "And do what?"

"Go into the city. Korra is with that boy you're so close with, what's his name...?" My father scratched his bald head as he tried to remember Mako's name.

"Mako," I sighed. "His name is Mako."

"Why don't you go with them? You don't go to the arena as much anymore and it's a beautiful day outside." My father pointed to the bright, golden arena from outside my window.

"Those are who I'm mad at." I said.

My father furrowed his brows. "Why are you mad at Korra? You two are best friends!"

"Yeah, well, not right now." I looked down at my blankets and drew circles into them.

It stayed quiet for a moment before my father spoke. "Come with me to City Hall. There's an emergent closed council meeting."

I shook my head. "I'm not allowed to go, dad. You know that."

My father pointed to himself, "I am Councilmen Tenzin. If I want my daughter to come to the meeting, then she can. They can't tell me anything."

I chuckled, "Yes they can, dad."

"I'm not asking you." My father half-smiled. "I'm telling you."

Before I could object, my father tried to persuade me one last time. "I want you to come."

I sighed with a small smile, "Alright. I'll go with you."

"Wonderful! We'll leave right when you're ready. Don't take too long." My father said before walking out of my room and closing the door behind him.

>>>

I learned that Amon commanded the Council to shut down the Pro-bending Arena and cancel the finals. If they don't, there would be "severe consequences."

I sat far in the back, the last seat furthest from the large doors. With my legs crossed and arms crossed, I leaned back on the chair and listened the Council.

"It's far too risky. Everyone that attends the match tonight will be in danger." My father said.

"I agree," Tarrlok nodded. "An announcement will be made at once."

Before Tarrlok could adjourn the meeting with his gravel, the large doors bursted open and in came three pro-bending teammates in a rush with determined expressions.

I widened my eyes while lowering myself in my seat.

My father stood up in his seat, ready to calm down Korra. "Korra, you shouldn't be here. This is a closed meeting."

I couldn't help but slightly smile. I'm such a rebel.

"As the Avatar and a pro-bending player, I have a right to be heard. You can't cancel the finals!" Korra said.

"I know winning the championship means a lot to you, but as far as I'm concerned, we need to shut the arena down." My father said.

"What about the rest of you?" Korra asked. "Tarrlok, there's no way you're backing down from Amon, right?"