21

Lyra (1)

Korra left Tarrlok's task force about a week ago and ever since, she's been training with her team mates.

Everyday after practice, she'd tell me that they asked for me and wanted me to go to the arena for their next practice, but every time, I come up with a new excuse.

"They really miss you, Lyra." She told me one day. "What's really going on?"

"Nothing." I shrugged. "I just haven't had time to head over there."

"What exactly do you do here at the temple?" Korra crossed her arms while cocking a brow at me.

"I... uh, I feed the sky bisons and water the plants and... y'know, lots of other things that make me so busy." I nervously smiled.

Korra sighed, giving up on trying to get whatever she wanted to know out of me. "You're not going to miss the tournament, are you?"

I shook my head quickly, "Of course not! I'll be there."

Korra smiled, "You better. I'm going to head to the arena now, I'll see you later."

I gave her a small wave. "Bye."

I'll admit I do miss Mako and Bolin. I just don't want to run into Asami or hear about how her and Mako are so in love and blah, blah, blah.

So on the day of the tournament, I guess you could say I wasn't very excited because seeing the man your in love with, with another girl isn't very exciting.

When I walked into the balcony, I was greeted with wide smiles and embraced in long hugs. "Oh, it's so good to see you! I've missed you so much!"

I chuckled, "I missed you too, Bo."

"I haven't heard you call me that in so long." Bolin frowned, wiping away his nonexistent tears. I playfully rolled my eyes and looked past him. I awkwardly waved at the fire bender while he held a slight smile.

"Hey stranger." I said once I was in front of him. He didn't say anything and I cleared my throat. "Where's Asa-?"

I was cut off by him pulling me into a tight hug. I slowly hugged him back and after a moment or two, I tightened my arms around him. We didn't say anything to each other while we hugged. It felt good to be in his arms again.

When he finally spoke, I frowned. I didn't want this to end. "Don't ever go missing as long as you did ever again."

"I didn't go missing." I said. Mako sighed, "In my book you did."

When he pulled away, he placed some of my strands of hair behind my ears. He kept his hand on my cheek and I held onto his wrist while smiling up at him.

"How's Kano?"

I frowned. Way to ruin the moment.

I moved his hand away from my face. "Fine I suppose. I haven't seen him since the gala."

"Have you even left the temple since the gala?" He asked. I shook my head.

Before I could change the subject, Asami walked in a wide smile. "You guys look great!" When her eyes met mine, her smile slightly shortened. "Oh Lyra, I didn't think you were coming."

"I wouldn't miss the tournament. What kind of best friend would I be?" I faked a smile, as did she. "You're right. It's so nice to see you again."