Back Story

~~I am letting you know that we are back to Elena's Point of view. I will let you know when a chapter is in a different point of view. Thanks~~

Last night, Alex invited me over to "talk". I wasn't really looking forward to seeing her. Like, could things get more awkward? I didn't really put much care into my outfit. It was just a tank top and my camo pants. I felt like I could be comfortable around her. She lived in Copper Street, which was only 10 minutes away from my house.

I knocked on her door, and an older man answered. I assumed it was her dad. He was pretty short. Almost as short as me! I greeted him and he told me that Alex was painting in her room. I walked around her mansion like house trying to find her bedroom. When I found it, I stood in the doorway and watched her paint. She was painting a really pretty forest. "It's beautiful", I said. She turned around startled, and the we both laughed. She put her paint brush down and came over to greet me. " I like your house. It's very welcoming". "Thank you. Should we talk"? I nodded my head yes, and we sat down on her bed. She started off my saying, "I want to know more about you". I sighed and took a deep breath. 

"If you want to know what made me into the person I am today. then get ready for the longest story of your life". She took a deep breath and then nodded. Well here goes nothing...

"When I was about 12 years old, my dad died. I wasn't angry or sad. Him dying was the best thing that could have happened... When I turned 14, my mom started drinking and doing drugs, leaving me and my sister in the dust. I loved my mother, but she was becoming a bitch and a slut. Every other night she would come home with another man, about 17 years old and... well you really don't need to know that part. The cops found out when I was 15. They took her jail and she has a life sentence." I took a deep breath trying to be strong in front of Alex. " Karina, my sister had a harder time dealing with this than I did. We needed a guardian since we weren't 18. That's when we moved in with my uncle, Harold. 

"I never liked Harold. When his wife died he became so creepy. When I was 16, I could tell that something was off. Karina never talked to me anymore, she never ate, and she rarely went to school. Harold said he didn't send her to school because she was sick. But I knew that was a lie. A few months later, I walked into my uncles bedroom after school. When I saw what was inside My jaw dropped and I swear I was almost puking. He had been raping her all this time. Being the older sister, I felt like My job to protect her failed. When he was sent to jail, me and Karina refused to go anywhere else. I was 16, she was 14 at the time. That's when I met Jax. When we met, he understood me. He got me. He's also the only other person who knows this story. We were together for a few months, and me and Karina were living at an orphanage at the time. Jax lives with his older brother who's 24 so he told us that we could come live with him. I was dumb so I said yes. And now the story kinds of leads up to the end of junior year. I broke up with Jax with my new look and.... well you know the rest from here."

Alex was shocked, I could tell. She didn't say anything after that. We were kind of just quiet for about 5 minutes. Until finally Alex said, "Who was that girl you kissed at the dance"? Uh-oh. I did not want to be asked this question... her name is Kim Jennings. For some reason, Alex looked surprised by her name. "Oh.. okay..." She looked like she was trying to figure out a puzzle with her brain. I looked at watch, It was almost 4, I needed to go home. "I gotta go, but I'll see you at school...." She nodded her head and then I left.