GO AND FUCK YOURSELF / KNJ

| SEOUL / 13:34 || a year after being cheated on by him |

| SEOUL / 13:34 |
| a year after being cheated on by him |

IF YOU LIKE THE WAY YOU LOOK SO MUCH / BABY YOU SHOULD GO AND FUCK YOURSELF

KIM NAMJOON HATED A LOT OF THINGS. math exams, his geography teacher from ten years ago, slow internet, psychology textbooks, and most of all, fuckboys. he had bad experiences with all five things on that list, but fuckboys had to be his least favourite, due to his many experiences with guys like that. that was (probably) why he was the number one person to come to if you were being pestered by attractive idiots, because namjoon could full on lecture those bastards back into whatever hellhole they crawled out of.

"namjoon-ah!" namjoon's best friend, jackson, practically yelled as he stepped into their apartment, shrugging off his backpack and removing his jordans, grinning like an idiot. "you'll never fucking believe who lay met this weekend."

namjoon had been peacefully enjoying his latest fantasy novel when the chinese boy came barging in like he owned the place— although he technically did, being namjoon's roommate— and he looked up from his seat on their black sofa, his spine comfortably wedged between the sofa cushions. jackson had his gossip face on; namjoon swore he was secretly a sixteen year old white girl, trapped in a twenty three year old muscular chinese guy's body (it would explain a few things).

"who was it?" namjoon deadpanned, trying to seem interested as he read his book, feeling jackson sit down as the sofa dipped beside him. the dark haired boy grinned, running a hand through his hair.

"well, you remember that dude you met last year, kim jaehyung or some shit?" jackson didn't give namjoon a chance to reply. "you remember him! massive fuckboy, left you listening to sad music in your pj's?" namjoon nodded, rage bubbling up inside him as he remembered the exact boy.

kim taehyung. the synonyms for that name include the following: fuckboy, asshole, player, liar. namjoon could write a wikipedia page dedicated to taehyung's lies alone. and no one dared get him started on how much of an asshole taehyung was. namjoon and taehyung had met at a concert— kendrick lamar or 2chainz, something like that— and had immediately hit it off, and ended up in a bar afterwards, drinking and laughing the night away. they had become friends over the course of two months, and namjoon couldn't help but fall for taehyung. he didn't know how, as him experiencing sexual or romantic attraction was really rare. he wasn't aromantic, he just didn't find many people attractive, and hadn't had many past relationships.

then 'the night'— aptly named by jackson and his boyfriend jiho— happened. namjoon and taehyung hooked up (something namjoon, who now identified as asexual, shuddered at when he looked back on it), and taehyung worked namjoon into the illusion that he cared about him. this was broken when namjoon walked in on taehyung fucking some girl with too-big lips and silvery hair when he went to visit him a week after they hooked up. namjoon had been delusional, he realised that now.

namjoon hated kim taehyung ever since.

"what did that asshole do now?" namjoon asked, as calmly as he could. his teeth were gritted, and jackson raised an eyebrow. "well, they fucked," he deadpanned, namjoon rolling his eyes at the obviousness of the statement.

"of course, that's what taehyung does." the mint haired boy scoffed.

"and now he's gone back to wherever he came from. dude, he turned up at our work, gave chen a message for our lay, and fucked off!" jackson laughed, and namjoon rolled his eyes. how typical of taehyung. "last thing i heard, he was with some dude named kyungsoo."

"uh huh," namjoon nodded, opening his book back up. "well, i wonder how he's doing. still up to his shitty ways, of course, no surprise there. how many more hearts do you think he's broken since me?"

"didn't your friend hoseok get his heart broken by him too?" jackson asked, scrolling down some k-pop fansite on his phone. namjoon shrugged; he wouldn't really consider hoseok his friend, just a coworker he hung out with more than usual. the two of them worked at I.M recording studios, namjoon as a radio host and hoseok as a delivery boy, handing out coffees and mail. he was nice enough, and namjoon liked him enough to go out for drinks with him.

"ask him. dm him, if you're so curious," namjoon replied without looking up from his book. "he's hopethestreet on twitter."

"thanks bro." why jackson was so invested in other's lives was a mystery to namjoon. the other boy loved knowing what was going on in other people's worlds, and he lived for k-dramas or reality shows, loving the opportunity to get invested in the characters. namjoon supposed he did the same with books, character's lives becoming deeply ingrained in his memory.

namjoon closed his book and sighed; god, he never thought he'd hear kim taehyung's name again. he'd blocked him on every social media account where they'd connected— minus wattpad, because the damn block function was pathetic— and had gotten rid of everything related to him. namjoon smiled fondly at the memory of him, jackson and jiho burning all the polaroids the two had taken together, along with taehyung's expensive hoodie— he was always a luxurious guy— and the bottle of cologne he'd left behind. namjoon had scrubbed kim taehyung out of his life, and yet it seemed like he might come back.

"huh, apparently taehyung broke hobi's heart too," jackson mumbled, putting his phone down. "and he says he's met some guy whose friend was also tricked into thinking he was in love with taehyung."

"i bet kim taehyung has broken half of south korea's hearts, jackson. he doesn't care." namjoon deadpanned, returning to his book without another word.

hi hello !!!
namjoon's character was fun to write + taehyung's commitment issues will be explained in part two of this book in case you're wondering what his deal is w relationships 💘

hope u enjoyed !
- jace