BOY, IDGAF / JHS

| SEOUL / 14:00 || SUNDAY |

| SEOUL / 14:00 |
| SUNDAY |

YOU SAY YOU'RE SORRY / BUT IT'S TOO LATE NOW

HOSEOK COULDN'T HELP BUT FEEL SORRY FOR THE HEARTBREAKING BOY. he was sobbing his heart out, so obviously broken and hurt, and hoseok was a nice guy, who hated seeing people cry. seokjin and namjoon might've been able to stand there, cold and unmoving, but hoseok couldn't.

"tae..." he looked at the forlorn boy, lower lip jutting out and then being sucked back between white teeth, biting down. hoseok carefully placed a hand on taehyung's back, trying to be comforting. racking through his mind, he tried to recall taehyung's likes from their relationship.

he really liked to be held.

hoseok crouched down and took taehyung into an embrace, and it was graciously accepted, taehyung's arms winding around him and his head resting in the crook between hoseok's neck and shoulder. tears began to stain the material of hoseok's shirt, a wet patch forming, and hoseok could feel how weak taehyung's form was. nothing about this was faked. he was in pain, pain of love and loss and suffering.

"i-i miss him so b-bad, hoseok—" taehyung sucked in a deep and painful breath, lip quivering as he tried to hold himself from breaking apart. hoseok held him carefully, making sure he was comfortable, before whispering.

"you're okay, taehyung. it's alright," comforting had always been hoseok's thing, and he could actually feel taehyung relax in his grip at the words. the peach haired boy looked tired, pushed beyond breaking point, shaking his head at hoseok's words.

"no, it's-it's not o-okay, none of it is okay, fuck, i—" he sucked a sharp breath in through his nose, looking up at the three older boys with pained teary eyes. "it's all fucked. my life is fucked. i fucked up your lives, because i'm a worthless, pathetic asshole."

"taehyung..." seokjin's face softened at the peach boy's words, biting hard at his full plump lip. he and namjoon exchanged a worried look, and seokjin sighed heavily, looking more sincere. "i-i can't say i really forgive you. but you can't say those things about yourself. you're not worthless."

"you're not pathetic, either," namjoon said, hands in his pockets. his deep tone was sincere, and hoseok could tell he meant it. "you're actually lovely, once people get to know you. you're funny, confident, attractive... taehyung, you're certainly a bit of an asshole, but you're not worthless."

hoseok held taehyung's hand as he spoke, and he was reminded of their relationship; he could almost smell taehyung's sweet cologne, visualize the lazy evenings they'd spend together. all gone now. "taehyung, you and i... we were happy. i'll give you that. you make me happy for a short while, and i thank you for that. but you also made me sad; i don't take breakups well, tae. i thought it was because i was trans, because i didn't want to have sex with you. you just went with no explanation, like an ass," taehyung nodded understandingly. "and while i can't entirely forgive you for that, because it really is too late, i do want to put that behind us."

taehyung nodded again, squeezing hoseok's hand. hoseok smiled softly and straightened up, realising all the older boys were looking at taehyung, almost expectantly. taehyung looked at his beer that was still on the table, before chucking it in the bin, causing some questioning looks.

"i'm going to clean up my act," he said in response to the stares. "no more drugs, drink, sex... okay, no sex for a month, at least."

namjoon laughed then, and it was like the air cleared. then seokjin laughed, hoseok, and then finally taehyung, all of them laughing like morons. it was perfect, the atmosphere, the awkward and the sad broken by unanimous laughter. taehyung chuckled the hardest, before taking a deep breath and smiling, genuinely smiling.

"i'm sorry, hyungs." he said, once again.

"mhm," seokjin hummed, getting his phone out. his eyes sparkled as he opened what hoseok presumed to be a message, chuckling. "oh boy."

"where are the other three of you?" taehyung asked, head cocked to the side. seokjin, wordlessly, turned the phone in his direction, to show him a video of jeongguk, yoongi and jimin smashing and destroying his car. taehyung's jaw dropped comically, and his ears flushed red.

"i deserved that..." he sighed, shaking his head. "i should apologise to them too. c-could i?"

"sure," hoseok nodded, looking at seokjin. "hyung, message the group chat. rendezvous time."

oh my god i'm sorry this took so long !! wattpad deleted the chapter and it had to be rewritten, i'm a terrible person

also hOLY TITBALLS I COULD BE GOING TO THE BTS PARIS SHOW WITH MY BEST FRIEND ASDHLLDDKL
i'm nOT OKAY RN
if i see them live i will cry so hard–
anyway

hope you enjoyed! people reckoned taehyung has changed and he has indeed. next chapter is the last one, and then an epilogue... can't believe it's over

– jace