DON'T TAKE IT PERSONAL / KNJ

| SEOUL / 13:55 || SUNDAY |

| SEOUL / 13:55 |
| SUNDAY |

HE WON'T DO YOU NO FAVOURS / BEAUTIFUL BUT HE'S DANGEROUS

IT WAS... WEIRD TO SEE TAEHYUNG AGAIN.

it had been a year since namjoon had spoken to the daegu boy. when they had last seen each other— the night of the terrible argument— taehyung's hair was vibrant red, flaming, making him stand out in a crowd. but the man who opened the door, who was quite obviously taehyung, had light peach coloured hair, which hung limply in his face. his smiling expression dropped the second he saw namjoon, seokjin and hoseok, and namjoon's heart raced.

"oh," taehyung looked scared, that was the way to describe it. his eyes were wide and afraid, and he looked like he was viable to run away. "seokjin, h-hoseok... namjoon..." his gaze flitted between the three boys.

"hey, taehyung," seokjin spoke expressionlessly, his face a blank mask. "could we come in? or are you... busy?" it was an obvious dig at taehyung, and namjoon restrained himself from sniggering like some highschool mean girl. taehyung was tight lipped, but he nodded.

"y-yeah, do."

it was so strange, the way he acted. timid and reserved and afraid, nothing like the brash, loudmouth and confident guy namjoon had met at a kendrick lamar concert. it was like meeting a different person, but namjoon did suspect he was only acting that way because he was in the presence of his exes. he lead the three to his kitchen, and grabbed himself a can of beer from his fridge, cracking it open without offering any to them.

"so, taehyung," namjoon spoke with some hint of malice in his voice. he was enjoying this, the tearing taehyung apart, the making him pay. crossing his arms, he smirked and leaned against the wall. "how've you been?"

taehyung stared blankly at him, looking quite lost. "um..." he gulped. "look, namjoon, i'm... i'm sorry."

"too late for that now, it's been a year, whatever," namjoon waved it off carelessly, looking at seokjin and hoseok, who were holding hands like they thought namjoon couldn't see them. "you hurt me, you hurt these two, seokjin and hoseok, and you hurt jeongguk, jimin, and yoongi. we got the easier part of the deal, coming here to talk to you. the other three... well." namjoon laughed.

taehyung's eyes widened at the mention of his other ex-lovers, and with a sigh, he seated himself at his kitchen table, his head in his hand. he looked desperate to namjoon, looking at seokjin and hoseok with such desperate eyes that namjoon could've felt sorry for him. but he didn't.

"taehyung," seokjin said, still holding hoseok's hand. "i'm ignoring every urge i have to slap you right now, because we're adults, and i don't wanna be childish here. but here's the low-down on how fucking mad i am, okay? you got me hooked on pills, weed, and you almost got me onto cocaine. i had three mental breakdowns in the two months after i left you, two of them drug induced and one of them in the bathroom of a shitty gay club where i had an anxiety attack because i had smoked three joints that day. my roommate, my best friends, they all suffered because of me being an addict to these stupid fucking drugs that i was taking to get over your pathetic ass!" seokjin's chest was heaving, his voice breaking a little as his eyes filled up with tears. hoseok squeezed his hand comfortingly, smiling weakly. taehyung was staring at the table, ashamed.

"i'm— i'm sorry, so fucking sorry," he said, honest and true. "i can't ever imagine what i put you through, seokjin. i'm sorry."

hoseok spoke next. "tae, you and i were so happy. i don't— i don't understand why you left me? i really thought i loved you, and my friends could see that i did, but you dumped me, over text, with the most vague reasoning ever, and i've been trying to figure out why for months. could you please tell me? i wanna move on with my life but this fucking question is holding me back!"

taehyung inhaled slowly, his eyes meeting hoseok's. "hobi-hyung, i'm going to be truthfully honest here, okay? please, the breakup wasn't your fault, i'm... i'm a selfish bastard," he took a deep breath and bit at his lip, tears welling up. "you deserve the truth. i–i... i dumped you because i didn't want to sleep with someone else. you weren't okay with sex, and respect that, but my problem is that i feel like i need sex, i need it like people need drugs or alcohol. i didn't want to break your heart by cheating on you, like what happened with namjoon, a-and i—" tears rolled down taehyung's cheeks, his voice breaking. "i can't do commitment, i just can't. l-last boy i committed myself to, ch-changkyun, he's dead and it's all my fault. i'm sorry, i'm so sorry."

poor tae :(

- jace