EPILOGUE : I GOT THE GOOD SIDE

| SEOUL / 14:32 |

YOU TAUGHT ME THE RULES / AND YOU TAUGHT ME TO LOVE

EVERYONE COMFORTED TAEHYUNG AS HE POURED HIS SOUL OUT, TEARS STREAKING HIS TAN CHEEKS. he felt so much better after telling everyone, like he was free, like a huge boulder had been taken from his shoulders. he really had been holding the world there, they realised that now.

hoseok's comforting hand rubbed circles on his back, while jimin let him cry into his shoulder, namjoon and seokjin offered kind words, and yoongi- who explained that he didn't know how to comfort people- went to buy taehyung a hot chocolate, doing the best he could.

the damage was repairing, it seemed. the boys had all forgiven taehyung, finally, and he himself felt like he could breathe, like he'd been slowly suffocating his whole life and now the weight on his chest had gone. jimin was carefully caressing his hair, calming him down, whispering careful and comforting words. god, he'd missed that. with all the comfort he was receiving, taehyung managed to control his tears, the flow slowing down after a minute or so. he lifted his head from his shoulder, spotting yoongi walking back to the group.

"here you go," yoongi smiled awkwardly, handing taehyung a pink mug— proclaiming "keep calm and eat cake" in bright lettering— piled high with whipped cream and mini marshmallows. "hope you like sweet things. this was damn expensive."

"i dated hoseok, didn't i?" taehyung forced out a laugh, however much it pained him. hoseok grinned, chuckling lowly and leaning into seokjin, who had been sat by his side during taehyung's whole speech, his hand in hoseok's own. they're a cute couple, if they're dating, taehyung thought.

"i'm the human equivalent of that whipped cream," hoseok grinned, his head lounging on seokjin's shoulder. he pursed his lips, seeming to think for a second. "damn, isn't this a weird situation?" he voiced after a few seconds of silence.

"how do you mean?" yoongi asked, while jimin kicked his legs up onto the older boy's lap, sticking his tongue out when yoongi pushed them off. taehyung giggled at that. hoseok shrugged, nonchalant.

"i mean, we're all connected because of mr. kim over there—" he gestured at taehyung, who nodded and sipped at his drink, quiet, "—and now we're all here because namjoon's best friend added us to a group chat, forcing us to talk, and even though we're all his exes and three of us smashed up taehyung's range rover—"

"—guilty." jeongguk raised a hand, smirking, and taehyung jokingly hissed at him, a bit annoyed about the range rover situation. that car cost him a fortune. but overall, he knew his mistakes, and he accepted the punishment. how he'd get a new car, that was another matter entirely.

"yet we're all somehow getting along." hoseok concluded, making taehyung snap out of his thoughts. seokjin hummed in agreement with the brunette, his thumb running across the back hoseok's hand.

"yeah, sunshine, you're right," he said, the nickname surprising everyone. namjoon raised an eyebrow, sipping his tea almost comically and side-eyeing them, while seokjin ignored him. "not to quote a cliché, but maybe this could be the beginning of a lovely friendship?" a mutual chuckle left everyone's lips at that.

"well, i dunno about you guys," jeongguk said, leaning forward on his elbows and sucking on the straw of his boba tea, before speaking. "i think we should definitely keep in touch. y'all are cool." jimin nodded in agreement, his legs back up on yoongi's lap, and this time the older boy didn't protest. "i definitely wanna keep this one," he said, ruffling yoongi's hair. the silver haired boy pushed him off, although he was grinning. "seokjin-hyung, you look like you've found a sweetheart there."

seokjin laughed and flipped jimin off, while hoseok curled into his side. seokjin smiled down at him, running a hand through hoseok's hair, eyes bright. "hmm... well, maybe you're right."

"he definitely is." hoseok said, his cheeks flushing a bright red as seokjin kissed his forehead. everyone's heads jerked up at the sound of squealing— almost akin to a dolphin squeaking— and they all laughed when they saw that it was taehyung.

"you two are really fucking cute, sorry." taehyung admitted, going red at everyone's strange looks. he seemed so much more happier, it was obvious, and the other six boys were slightly grateful for that. "i'm glad you two might have found something out of this."

"so am i." seokjin beamed. namjoon smiled, crossing his legs. "we should make this a weekly thing, meeting up," he commented, drumming his fingers on the table thoughtfully. "it'd be nice. we could talk and just... i dunno, we could try to be friends. i like you all."

"that sounds cool," taehyung smiled. he looked like he was five years younger, with how joyful he was. "but just know i will never forgive you for the range rover. that was a dirty ass move, you sons of bitches."

"i'll accept that," jimin laughed, jovial. "as long as i can keep yoongi."

"i am not an object!" yoongi protested in a whiny voice, pushing jimin's shoulder. the younger boy cooed and squeezed his cheeks with one hand, making babyish noises and puckering his lips. yoongi managed to get out of his grip and kissed jimin full on the lips, like he was proving a point, and the whole group yelled in victory, causing many people in the café to stare at them.

it looked like their story had a happy ending after all.