PLEASE HAVE MERCY / JHS

| SEOUL / 11:47 || a month and two weeks after being dumped by him |

| SEOUL / 11:47 |
| a month and two weeks after being dumped by him |

I'M BEGGING PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON ME / TAKE IT EASY ON MY HEART

JUNG HOSEOK SWORE HE'D NEVER DATE AGAIN.

perhaps it was that he fell too quickly, perhaps it was that he was too attracted to pretty boys who'd eventually dump him— or perhaps he'd dump them, for a change. but kim taehyung was the last straw.

hoseok sat huddled up on the sofa in an oversized hoodie, a blanket wrapped around his shoulders, his favourite feel-good movie playing on the television. there was a bowl of reheated mac n cheese in his lap, and although there had been tears streaming down his cheeks as he stuffed steaming hot pasta into his mouth, he started to feel a little better just from this experience alone. he internally thanked his friend lisa; her take-no-shit attitude was something that hoseok really needed to adopt, rather than getting his heart broken so easily, and it was her who had suggested hoseok having a 'feel better session'.

"just sit down, watch gay best friend or whatever american movie it is you like, eat some fuckin' mac and cheese, and, most importantly, don't think of kim taehyung!" lisa said, sipping on her boba tea with a smile. she looked amazing, as usual, her orange hair tied in space buns and her lips painted a vibrant red. hoseok looked skeptic, stirring the tapioca balls around with a straw.

"i-i don't know if i can?" he said, voice faltering a little, a massive lump in his throat. he was too sensitive, he knew it, and the dysphoria only bubbled in his chest as his mind teased him.

'real boys don't cry, hangi.'

he pushed it away, wishing away his demons and focusing all his attention on lisa

"believe me, it's easier than it seems, hobi-ah," lisa assured him, taking hoseok's hand and smiling. "he was an asshole anyway! forget him!"

hoseok smiled at the memory, shifting slightly in his seat to adjust his binder— it was digging into him a little— and eating another bite of the cheesy pasta. his face lit up as his favourite bit of heathers came on.

"'fuck me gently with a chainsaw, do i look like mother theresa?'" he quoted in broken english, laughing like he did every time. his phone buzzed on the table with an instagram notification, and he picked it up, pausing the film.

! @king.taehyung liked a video you were tagged in !

damn, hoseok really needed to turn off those notifications. and possibly block taehyung.

netherless, he clicked on the notification, a post popping up onscreen. it was a video lisa had sneakily taken of him, mid laugh, where hoseok almost seemed to glow with happiness. the boy smiled as he recalled the day; he and a bunch of friends had been hanging out at lisa's house, and luhan had made some stupid joke about being gay, causing hoseok, minseok and seokmin to burst into laughter, lisa and chaeyoung filming the whole ordeal. hoseok had ended up almost having an asthma attack, seokmin had fallen off of luhan's lap, while kihyun had ended up on the floor, slapping the ground dementedly. hoseok was sort of embarrassed that taehyung had seen that, but he shook it off; he didn't care, right? taehyung was nothing to him.

his phone buzzed again in his hand just as he was about to play the movie, an instagram dm from taehyung making his face pale. god, why hadn't he blocked him? he didn't want to talk to taehyung, and yet his fingers betrayed him, his left hand setting the mac and cheese down on the coffee table as he checked the message.

KING.TAEHYUNG
hey baby boy ❤

hoseok looked confusedly at his phone, brows furrowed and lips pursed. taehyung had broken up with him less than two months ago, for a reason that had hoseok's heart aching, and now he was casually texting him, not to mention calling him his all time favourite nickname, as if nothing had happened at all? did he really think hoseok would forgive him that quickly? maybe taehyung had spoken to luhan, who had introduced the two boys, and he had explained how heartbroken hoseok was— if this was the case, hoseok was mad at his friend.

he typed back a message, jaw clenched.

HOSEOKDOTCOM
do i know you?

hoseok decided that he had to act bitter if he wanted taehyung to leave him alone. a niggling thought in the back of his mind told him to just treat taehyung normally, as if nothing had happened, whilst another told him just to block him straight away. but hoseok ignored both, channelling his inner lisa manoban and watching as 'king.taehyung is typing...' popped up on the bottom of his screen.

KING.TAEHYUNG
this is the same hoseok i knew, huh? unless you've suffered from memory loss in the recent weeks

hoseok rolled his eyes, seeing another message pop up.

KING.TAEHYUNG
that'd be a shame, seeing as you're so cute. and a killer in bed.

hoseok scoffed out loud— they hadn't even slept together! could taehyung even keep track of all his exes?

his finger hovered over the options button. he should've just blocked taehyung. it would've been a quick step towards getting over him, and he'd come out happier and better off without him. but jung hoseok's fatal flaw, his one harmatia was simple: he was too kind for his own good. and although he swore he hated kim taehyung more than he hated anyone, there was seemingly nothing he could do.

kim taehyung had a hold on his heart more than hoseok would ever care to admit, and although he supposedly hated the younger boy, hoseok typed a message back.

hi!! thanks for all the support so far i love you all ✨✨💕💗💕💕

this is the end of part one adhgsjdh part two's nearly all written i hope y'all are ready

love you!
- jace