Chapter 7: A Study In Pink: Saving Dad!

~ Brookes POV ~

I made my way back up stairs, I knew what to do but I had to make sure I got the address when they stopped and get there before Dad gets killed. Here goes nothing...

"Dad got in the cab and left," I stated as I walked into the living room.

Lestrade huffed then turned to his team. "Alright everybody we're done here." Everyone started to pack up. FINALLY!

I got back to the laptop and re- run the search to see if they've made it to a location...

"Why do always have to go solo?" I muttered to myself as I waited for it to load.

I seriously hated slow internet!

"You guy's know him better than I do," John stated the obvious.

"I've known him 5 Years, no I don't," Lestrade argued back. It was true Dad is always full of surprises.

"Then why do you put up with him?" John questioned.

"Because I'm desperate, because Sherlock Holmes is a great man and I think one day, If were lucky, he be a good one," Lestrade told John before leaving.

"My Dad is a 'GOOD' man, he may not be the nicest person in the world but he 'always' does good!" I spoke up.

I heard lestrades foot steps get quieter and quieter as he left the flat. I kept my eyes locked on the laptop screen. Finally it loaded!

"John, I know where Dad is look," I spun the laptop to show him.

The phone was still moving... forget it we can take the laptop with us!

I made my way down the stairs and out the door, still holding the laptop and John stood next to me as I waved a cab over. John and I climbed in, I passed John the laptop and was giving the drive the directions the killer cabbie was going.

I pulled out my phone and began calling Lestrade.

"Lestrade it's Brooke Holmes, I don't care if you're doing something important get you're team to the address I'm going to text in a minute. Dad's been taken by the serial killer, yes the idiot got in the cab the killer was driving. Gotta go!" I almost yelled down the phone then cut it off before Lestrade started asking questions.

I tap my foot nervously... Me going head first into possible danger was normal for me but this felt different, somehow this man was killing people... My Dad could be next!

"He's all I've got John... I haven't got a Mum... she died a-and I haven't got anyone else but Callum... I can't lose my Dad," I bite the sleeve of my jumper nervously... I can't loose him!

"I don't have anyone either and for the record I'm not going anywhere," John put his arm around my shoulders. "Not after this crazy day!"

Then we arrived at a high school. I texted the address to Lestrade and jump out of the cab along side John. We got in side and there was two way right and left.

"Damn it, you left, me right," I shouted and took off going right. I hope I'm not to late!

------ a few minutes later -------

I was running through the corridors of a high school, jumping in and out of class rooms. Then I saw a light at the end of the corridor... could it be. I stood next to the door and listened closely,

"I have a sponsor," A voice stated. Was this the cabbie?

"A what?" Another voice asked. I know that deep voice. DAD'S ALIVE!

I knelt on the floor and pushed the door open a crack to hear them better. I hope they don't notice the door move.

"For every life that I take, money goes to my kids. The more I kill the better off they'll be." The cabbie explained. "See nicer than you think... You'd probably do the same for you're daughter, Brooke isn't it? Sweet little Brooke who's seen horrible things growing up," The cabbie explained.