Chapter 24: A Scandal In Belgravia: Palace?

~ Brooke's POV ~

It's been 4 weeks since my birthday and clients have been flooding in, thanks to John's blog.

The main weird and creepy people that visited us was a man that was concerned about his wife spending too much time in the office, a women was convinced her husband was having an affair (he was), a REALLY creep guy came to us and said his Aunties ashes weren't her ashes?... CREEPY!!

Dad took a random case with a couple of comic book fan boys, they said the comic books were coming to life?We did some investigation, we posed as super heroes (lots of fun) and caught the crazy villain who was an obsessed fan boy. Not long after that a case two little girls came in... about their dead Granddad.

"People don't really go to heaven, their taken into a special room and burnt," Dad told them. WOW, lets traumatize some children!

The poor girls just looked at each other in horror.

"Nice one Curls," I muttered and Dad just rolled his eyes.
________________________________

This morning I was woken by Mrs Hudson shouting... I couldn't really understand a word she said but I think it was on the lines of 'Boy's, Brooke, you've got another one'... ANOTHER CLIENT WHOOP!

I checked the time on my phone 7:30am, it's too early! I crawled out of bed in a Chelsea football shirt and white shorts then hobbled down stairs in my boot, John said I could take it off soon. Finally, I hate it, I can't do anything!

I walked into the living room and saw a man sitting on one of the kitchen chairs in the living room. He introduced himself as Phil.

"Tell us from the start. Don't be boring," Dad said sternly. I rolled my eyes; he can be a right prick sometimes.

Phil told us that his car had broken down in the country side; he was trying to fix it. Phil saw a man standing in the field behind him but didn't take much notice of him and carried on fixing his car until it back fired loudly. He looked back at the man in the field... he was lying down.

Dad fired a few questions at Phil but he failed to answer them. Most likely the shock was kicking in.

Dad turned to John. "You're going to have a look at the crime scene," Dad told him.

"What? Why?" John asked frowning. Dad gave him a 'Just go' look. John sighed and got ready to leave. "Can Brooke come to?"

"I'm broken," I pointed out and smile sweetly.

John rolled his eyes. "You're having your boot off soon, you're fine," He told me.

"It's too early," I moaned and curled up into a ball on the sofa. I heard John groan and leave.

Victory is mine!

--------- (SHORT TIME SKIP) --------

After an hour Dad's laptop started beeping. I opened the lid and answered the video call.

John appeared on the screen. "HI," I greeted happily.

"Hello Brooke," John mumbled.

"Who's the kid?" A guy asked, oh I recognise him from the Yard; Carter!

I glared at him. "That's Sherlock's daughter Brooke Holmes," John told him.

Just then Dad walked out of his room... in a bed sheet. "What are you wearing?" I asked in on confusion.

He rolled his eyes. "It's a bed sheet obviously," Dad told me.

I groaned and gave him the laptop. He's an idiot!