Chapter 58: Oh No!

It had been a month after John and Mary's wedding; I hadn't really spoke to them, I suppose I wanted them to kind of relax and enjoy their time as a married couple.

Anyway this morning I had to help out at the pub with decorating the place with some fresh paint and new furniture so I had no choice but to leave Harlee with Dad because lets face it my son would paint the carpet and the new furniture.

I headed up the stairs looking a little ragged, paint on my jeans and top, my hair in a messy bun; I pushed the living room door open and saw Mary's Maid of Honor Janine sitting in Dad's chair with an upset Harlee on her lap.

"Oh Boo, you're back!" Janine exclaimed. Did she just call me 'Boo'?

Harlee's head snapped round and looked at me. "MUMMY!" He cried and jumped out of Janine's arms.

My blonde son ran at me and I picked him up, I checked him over making sure he was okay.

"Why are you here?" I asked harshly.

Janine frowned. "Didn't your Dad tell you?" She asked. I just looked at her blankly. "I'm your Dad's girlfriend."

I think I died inside. "W- What?" I asked.

"I'm your Dad girlfriend," She repeated.

I stood there in shock; My Father has never had a girlfriend not since my Mother and anyway even if he was going to have a girlfriend I'd like to think he'd at least talk to me about it.

I ran a hand through my hair. OH GOD! "Where's my Dad?" I asked.

"He's on a case," She told me.

I frowned. "Why didn't he take Harlee?" I asked.

"The little guy had fallen asleep so I offered to watch him," She told me.

How dare Dad leave my son with this witch!

"I'll be upstairs, when he get's back. Tell him where I am!" I told her. "And if my boyfriend arrives please try to scare him away with your face!"

I took Harlee upstairs and managed to calm him down and put him back to sleep.

Why on earth was Dad dating her?

Her of all people!

Mrs Hudson would be better than her!

I hope she doesn't move in or anything because then I will be angry!

*KNOCK**KNOCK*
Dad knocked my door.

"Come in," I said.

"Janine said you were up here," Dad told me. "And you were rude to her!"

"She said she's your girlfriend," I stated and crossed my arms.

"That does not give you the right to be rude!" He told me. "I was going to tell you."

"When?" I asked but Dad didn't answer. "Her of all people Dad, seriously."

Dad frowned. "There is nothing wrong with Janine," He told me.

"What about what you said to me at the wedding before you left, do you not remember any of that?" I asked harshly.

"Brooke what ever happened between your Mother and I is in the past," He told me. "I've moved on and as my daughter I expect you to respect my decision!"

"And if I refuse?" I asked.

"You will behave," He told me sternly.

"I am not a child any more," I shouted at him. "Now get out of my room!"

"You will respect my decision," He told me and left.

"I want nothing to do with her!" I yelled through the door.

Well this arrangement is not going to a walk in the park and if she crosses anymore lines there will be hell!