Chapter 30: A Scandal In Belgravia: Stand By You

~ Brooke's POV ~

A few weeks after our last encounter with Irene, I woke up one morning then padded down stairs into the living room, Dad was standing by the window smiling like an idiot and he was holding Irene's camera phone?

"Why have you got Irene's phone?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

He spun round and looked at me, he blushed! "Er... Yes, all the information on it has been used for its original purpose and destroyed. Now it's just a camera phone," Dad told me.

I smirked. "So..." I said as I walked further into the living room and sit in his arm chair.

"So what?" Dad asked in confusion.

"I'm not stupid you know," I stated. Dad just looked at me blankly. "Some time ago you told me that you went away on a case," I explain then smiled. "You're a terrible liar."

"Oh am I?" Dad asked as he walked over to the chair and stood in front of me.

"Yeah, you take too long to think about what you're going to say," I explained with a cheeky smile.

"Hmm, I guess I'll have to work on that," Dad said with a smirk.

We giggled quietly for a little a while then Dad turns to walk away, I quickly catch his hand making him look at me.

"Brooke-" Dad began but I cut him off.

"You saved her... Didn't you," I stated softly.

I knew Dad liked Irene and watching her crumble like that must have hurt him. Dad didn't want to lose her like he did with my Mum... He wanted to save the person he cared for.

"Yes I did save her and you know what?" Dad looked down at me. I could see his blue- green eyes shining in the light. "I'm glad I did. She may have tricked us and lied to us but you have to admit it... She is good."

I laughed. "I have to agree, even if she did try to take me, she is pretty cool," I admitted. "She tricked the Holmes Brothers. Now that's a legend!"

Yeah Dad always seemed heartless but in reality he has a big heart, he may not let everyone in it but those who are in it are always put first. And yes I'm a little angry he saved her but then again I'm not... I'm not sure what the feelings was but... I'm just glad he helped...

I smiled softly at him. "Dad, I love you. You can be a right prick sometimes but that doesn't always make you a bad person," I told him.

Dad placed his hands on my shoulder and smiled warmly at me. "I told you I'm not completely heartless and I care about a lot of people," Dad told me.

"Okay tell me who," I demanded. I wonder how long this list will be?

"Okay well there's you, John I suppose, Mrs Hudson, I suppose The Women and dare I say my parents," Dad told me.

I frowned at him. "What about Lestrade?" I asked. Dad gave me a puzzled look. "He may annoy you sometimes but he does care about you."

"Fine Lestrade can have a tiny place," Dad mumbled.

"And Mycroft," I added. Dad gave me a 'Are you serious?' look. "Oh come on Dad, how many times has Mycroft saved our sorry butts from going to jail?" I waited for him to answer but he didn't. "Too many times, he took care of me and he's your big brother and no matter how hard you try and push him away he will always try and earn a place in your heart."

Dad cupped my face, "You really are a wise one, careful Mycroft doesn't drag you off to join the Government," Dad laughed as did I.

Yeah still the same old Sherlock Holmes. THANK GOD.