Chapter 32: The Hound Of Baskerville: Henry Knight

~ Brooke's POV ~

The client that arrived was a man called Henry Knight, he explained to us that he had a case for us that involved the death of his Father, which happened 20 years ago? I sat cross legged on the sofa watching a BORING documentary about a monster or something in Dartmoor... My eyess were slowly closing when the TV went silent, my eyes shot open.

"What did you see?" Dad asked Henry.

"Oh I... I was just about to say," Henry explained and looked back at the TV screen.

"Yes... In an interview. I prefer to do my own editing," Dad told him casually.

"Yes. Sorry, yes of course. Excuse me," Henry said then reached into his pocket and pulled out a napkin then wiped his nose with it.

It had what looked like coffee and ketch up stains on it also some numbers were written on it... I yawned quietly, I'm tired now!

"In your own time," John told him.

"But quite quickly," Dad added.

I rolled my eyes. "Er, why don't you tell us about the night your Dad died," I told Henry with a sweet smile.

"Er, yes. There's a place- it's... it's a sort of local landmark called Dewar's Hollow... that an accent name for the devil," Henry told us.

He looked scared?

"Did you see the devil that night?" John asked calmly.

"Yes," Henry whispered.

I moved off the sofa and sat on the arm of Dad's chair. I watched Henry carefully as his face looked scared... No slightly terrified?

No offence to him but, it's not possible to see a devil!

"What did the devil look like?" I asked cautiously.

"It was huge with coal- black fur a-and red eyes," Henry said as he closed his eyes.

He was trying to remember the exact image like he had seen it yesterday!

"What did the devil do?" John asked.

"It got him, tore at him, tore him apart... I can't remember anything else. They found me the next morning, just wondering the moor. My Dad's body was never found," Henry said sadly.

I looked at Dad who was looking at Henry damn I wish I knew what he was thinking.

"Hmm. Red eyes, coal- black fur, enormous dog? Wolf?" John asked and looked at Dad.

"Or a genetic experiment," Dad said as he looked away.

I swear to GOD he was biting back a smile.

"Are you laughing at me Mr Holmes?" Henry asked.

"Why, are you joking?" Dad asked.

I hit is arm then turned to Henry. "Ignore him he's just a bit upset about his cigarettes," I told him with a smile.

Dad glared at me then mumbled something along the lines 'I can make your murder look like an accident'. HA, he'd miss me too much.

"My Dad was always going on about the thing's they were doing at Baskerville; about the type of monsters they were breeding there. People used to laugh at him. At least the TV people took me seriously," Henry raised his voice.

Nice one Dad you made the client angry!

"And, I assume it did wonders for Devon," Dad said as he gazed up at the ceiling. I'm going to kill him in a second.