Chapter 73: The Lying Detective: Serial Creep

- (Brooke's POV) -

I followed the Ambulance in my car; I tried to take my thoughts somewhere else by listening to my CD's...

Music is something that always took me to a better place, that's kind of why I learnt to play the guitar because like my Dad it calmed me and helped me think. It's also how I became friends with Callum...

*FLASH BACK*

Around fifteeen years ago a five year old Brooke was supposed to be asleep at her Uncle Mycrofts house but due to some noise from the get together her Uncle was having down stairs the little girl couldn't sleep. Brooke sat on her window ledge and picked up her little ukuele and began to play 'twinkle twinkle little star', the little girl had been practicing very hard and enjoyed playing the song for her Father when he got back from his cases.

"Twinkle twinkle little star,
how I wonder what you are.
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.
Twinkle twinkle little star,
how I wonder what you are..." Brooke sang sweetly.

"Wow that was amazing!" I young boy said as he pushed Brooke's bedroom door open.

Brooke jumped in freight. "You scared me!" She scowlded him. "Who are you?"

The boy with light brown hair and dark eyes looked down. "Sorry, I was looking for the way back to the party after I used the toilet but I heard you singing, you're very good." He told her.

Brooke smiled at the compliment then climbed down from the window ledge. "My names Brooke Holmes, what's yours?" She asked.

The boy smiled. "Callum O'Connor, is Mycroft your Dad?" He asked curriously,

Brooke shook her head. "No he's my Uncle, he's looking after me while my Daddy works but I don't know why he still looks after me I'm five!" She told him with a little sigh.

Callum nodded. "My Dad still treats me like a baby too but I'm seven!" He stated proudly. "Can you take me back to the party, I can't remember where to go?"

Brooke nodded. "Of course," She said as she put her Ukuele on her bed then offered her hand.

Callum held her hand and together they left the room.

*END OF FLASH BACK*

I smiled to myself at the memory. I got into quite a bit of trouble for being out of bed that night but since that then I saw Callum a lot and we became really good friends, well now we share a child together and we are living in a house together... Who'd have thought it?

I parked my car on the car park then headed over to the ambulance where John was talking to Dad and Molly...

"If you keep taking what you're taking at the rate you're taking it, you've got weeks!" Molly stated then she looked at me. "How did you not know?"

I blinked. "Excuse me?" I asked. "One he is an adult, two he lost two friends the other week and yes John you are classed as the other friend and three Molly Hooper I haven't seen you around recently, where have you been!"

"Brooke stop, it's fine, I've got weeks!" Dad told me as he climbed out the ambulance.

Molly shot up. "For christs sakes Sherlock this is not a game!" She stated.

I sighed yeah we've been telling him that for years I thought as I followed my unsteady Father towards the... Televison recording centre... Why the holy hell are we here?

"So this is real?" John asked.

I huffed. "What more proof do you want?" I asked.

John looked at me. "How can you stand by him, after all these years of him lying to you and getting high?"He asked me. "He's out of control!"