Chapter 75: Miss Holmes

- (Brooke's POV) -

So well today wasn't a normal day and actually the past few weeks haven't been normal you could say... I haven't been well, feeling tired, vomiting, getting annoyed at little things and I just knew something was wrong with me so I went to the doctors and they sent me to the hospital

Can you guess yet?

I sat in a corridor waiting room by myself playing with the bottom of my jumper just waiting paitiently.

I was usually a pretty calm person but I was kind of nervous, I wanted Callum here but he was working, nothing he could do but he said he would try to get here.

"Miss Holmes?" A nurse called.

I took a deep breath then stood up. "That's me," I told her then followed her inside a room.

The room had a bed, a computer and a few gadgets. I lay on the bed as the nurse put on her gloves and began asking me some questions.

"So how old are you Miss Holmes?" The nurse asked.

"I'm twenty," I told her. "I've never been through this before, I have an adopted son."

The nurse smiled. "Oh lovely, what's his name?" She asked as she prepared her equipment.

"Harlee, he's a blessing if I'm honest," I told her. "He's my best friends."

"Aw what a lovely name," She told me.

Just then Callum came through the door out of breath and red faced... Well better late than never I suppose.

"Did I miss anything?" Callum asked sounding out of breath.

Looking my boyfriend over he was sweaty and shaky; He must of ran straight in here from the car park so he wouldn't miss a thing and I'm so glad he's here to see this.

I shook my head. "No babe you're just in time," I told him with a smile.

Callum made his way over to me then held my hand tightly in his then kissed my knuckles....

I lifted my shirt as the Nurse pulled out a bottle of lotion. "This maybe a little cold," She told me.

With a firm nod from myself the Nurse gently rubbed the lotion onto my belly then got a wand out of the side of the computer then gently ran it over my belly... A black, white and grey image appeared on the computer screen in front of us....

I gripped Callums hand tightly. "Is that?" He asked the Nurse.

The Nurse smiled. "That is your baby, a small but healthy twelve week baby," She told us. "Congratualtions."

Callum kissed my head as tears filled my eyes with happiness. "I love him already," I stated.

"Him?" Callum asked.

"Of course it's a him," I told him. "I just know it."

My family is all men. I remember when I was younger my Grandmother told me it was rare to have female born Holmes but when a Female Holmes is born they are amazing women... Now that I think about it I hope I have done the Holmes name proud with my life choices and my job...

The Nurse helped me clean myself up and she handed us a few baby scan pictures to keep. Callum and I couldn't stop smiling at each other, we were so happy and we knew Harlee would be excited too but we were going to wait a while before telling people, I wasn't sure about how my family would react espesially my Dad who by the way still doesn't know my real job, he just thinks I help Mycroft behind Government related jobs...

Callum and I agreeed that I would take a massive step back from working in the field to protect myself and the baby; I would use Harlee as my sort of excuse saying I wanted to be around more, even though I think I do a pretty good job fighting crime then getting home in time to cook my family dinner and help my son with his home work.

After the scan we both picked up Harlee from school which made our son so happy; Harlee always told us he loved all of us being together. In the car I thought I'd ask Harlee a question...

"Harlee, would you ever like a baby brother or sister?" I asked him.

I watched my son smile. "I want a sister," He told me. "She would be my best friend."

Callum looked at Harlee in the rear view mirror. "Why don't you want a brother?" He asked.

"Because I don't want to fight like Grandpa and Uncle My-My," He told us.

I closed my eyes and huffed. "You know they only fight because they love each other," I told him. "Grandpa will never admit it because he is so so stubborn but he and Uncle Mycroft are that much alike and they love each other so much they just fight because they want the best for each other but Grandpa won't admit it."

"Just because you have a brother doesn't mean you will fight all the time," Callum told him .

"Oh," Harlee mumbled. "I still want a sister though just in case."

I smiled to myself; If I had a baby boy I would make sure him and Harlee wouldn't be the next Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes!

I think they would take over the world!