Chapter 42: The Fall: Help Me

~ 3rd POV ~

No one had heard from Brooke for weeks.

It was like the teen had disappeared, well unless you were Mrs Hudson of course, she had heard the girl's cries after her nightmare's, she smelt the cigarettes that stunk the place out.

Mrs Hudson would leave food for Brooke outside the door but it would never get touched.

Was Brooke okay?

Mrs Hudson would hear Brooke in the middle of the night begging for her Dad to return home but of course he couldn't and whenever Mrs Hudson would try to talk to Brooke she would get silence and Brooke would sit in her Fathers chair smoking another cigarette to ease her pain.

Mrs Hudson grew more concerned as weeks went by and called the only person who could make Brook see what she was turning into... Mycroft Holmes was Brookes only hope of getting back to normal...

Mycroft had kept his distance hoping that it would stop Brooke pushing him away. He had hoped that soon Brooke would get in contact with him and want his help but now he tell his niece was in a hole that she couldn't get out of.

Mycroft carefully climbed the stairs to his nieces flat, he stepped quietly up and up till he reached the door to the living room and in front of the door was now a cold cooked breakfast that Mrs Hudson had left. As Mycroft sniffed the air the smell of cigarettes was enough to make him sick; Brooke was always against Sherlock smoking but maybe smoking was one thing that reminded her of him?

He carefully pushed the door open and looked around; An ash tray was on top of the coffee table over flowing with cigarette butts. The flat was a mess, papers everywhere, random items all over the place, clothes were dotted around and Brooke's drawing of Sherlock, Mycroft, John and Callum were on the floor to.

"Hello Mycroft," A small voice spoke up.

Mycroft moved to the other side of the room to see Brooke with messy hair, dark circles around her eyes, she wore ripped leggings and a dirty white button up shirt... Sherlock's shirt.

"Hello Brooke." He greeted softly.

"Why are you here?" She asked coldly as she breathed out smoke.

Mycroft looked at the seats trying to find somewhere to seat but decided it was probably best to stay standing.

"How are you?" He asked softly. "Be honest with me Brooke because right now you look like Sherlock when I would find him in a drug den."

Brooke looked at her lap and broke down. "I-I can't s-sleep, I'm s-scared, I m-miss my D-Dad, John, C-Callum... Y-you. I want things to go b-back to the way they w-were," She cried. "I hate this feeling, broken, sad, hurt."

A pain of guilt stabbed Mycroft's cold heart. "I can help you get back on track. I can help you be Brooke again," Mycroft told her and took the cigarette out of her hand.

"I'm nothing without my Dad," She told him sadly. "Help me!"

Mycroft sighed, he pulled Brooke up and stood her in front of the mirror. "What do you see?" He asked her as he put the cigarette in the ash tray.

Brooke took a good look at herself. "I look like Dad... when we first met," She said shakily then turned away from the mirror. "I'm a mess!"

Mycroft looked at Brooke. "No you're not. You're a fifteen year old girl who lost her Father and I will do everything in my power to help you." Mycroft promised. "I helped your Father and I swear on this country I will save you!"

"I'm sorry, I blamed you. Really I am!" She cried.

Brooke felt horrible for pushing her own family out...

"It's alright," Mycroft told her. "Now shall we get you and the flat cleaned up?"

Brooked smiled, for the first time in weeks... She smiled. "I would like that," She told him then looked down at herself. "I could do with a clean."

"I'll get Anthea to make some calls so some professionals can get this place sorted," Mycroft told her.

One step at a time Mycroft told himself; Brooke is just like Sherlock and slow and steady was what saved Sherlock Holmes and now it's time to save Brooke Holmes.

---------- (TIME SKIP) --------

~ (Brooke's POV) ~

1 month!

It had been a whole month since I had stopped smoking and cleaned myself up. I felt great!

In all honesty I was proud of myself, cigarettes were my life line when Dad passed away, whenever felt any sort of emotion I just pulled out a cigarette so I could relax my body and calm down.

I sometimes got the shakes because I would be desperate for a cigarette and that's how I feel right now so I quickly threw on a pair of leggings, a black and white t- shirt and slipped on my black trainers on then jogged down the stairs and out the front door.

I jogged down the street's trying to clear my head and focused on my breathing instead of wanting a cigarette; I was a pretty decent runner due to having to keep up with my Dad, I could run a good distance and I always ran somewhere different...

Today I ran to the park. The same park I used to hang out with all my friends and we would chills under the largest tree under the park, we picked the largest tree because in the summer when it was hot we used to all be able to sit in the shade and relax.

I slowly walked over to the tree as I relaxed my breathing; I slowly looked at the tree and almost eye level with me were a bunch of kids names... Yeah it was my little crews names in a list on the tree and in the middle of the list were mine and Callum's name... Callum.

I looked at the ground sadly... My best friend... Someone else I had managed to push away. Mycroft had told me the other day that Callum was now working along side his Dad and occasionally Mycroft, apparently Callum couldn't leave his Dad and decided to stay.

In a moment of madness I did the one thing I knew I had to do...

(TEXT)
221B Baker Street
Please Come At Once
-BH xx

I put my phone in my pocket and ran as fast as my legs could go; I knew for a fact Callum has never ignored a text that has told him to come to Baker Street no matter what time of day it is he has always been there. I dodged everyone who was in my path, I ran across the street dodging cars and people on bikes, I needed get home!

I ran through the front door, shot up the stairs and into the bathroon; I threw my sweaty clothes into the washing basket and got in the shower washing my hair and body. I hadn't seen Callum since Dad died so I needed to look at least half decent!

With a towel tightly wrapped around my body I headed upstairs and into my room; I dried my hair and left it wavy, I did my make up and put some nice clothes on... Anthea had taken me shopping a couple of weeks ago.

I slipped my shoes on then headed down stairs, I sat in my Dad's chair and ruffled my hair...

*KNOCK**KNOCK*

"Show Time!" I whispered as the door slowly opened.