Chapter 22: What Happened?

~ Brooke's POV ~

I woke up the next morning being cradled on Dad's lap. My eyes refocused and I saw John in the room, I wasn't sure if they knew I was awake or not so I pretended to be asleep.

"Sherlock you need to talk to her," John whispered. "What happened while Moriarty had her... what he was referring to last night,"

I felt Dad's arms hold me tighter.

"She was scared last night... So scared that she asked me if she could stay with me. She hasn't do that for years," Dad whispered. "John did you see her while you were waiting for me?"

My heart beat quickened... John wasn't going to tell him. Was he?

"Moriarty ordered her to help his men set the bomb up. She didn't want to but Moriarty ordered her... She didn't do it willingly Sherlock," John explained.

I felt my heart shatter... John told him. I wish I wasn't awake right now.

"How does she know how to set up a bomb?" Dad whispered.

I couldn't take much more of this... I need to tell him.

I slowly open my eye's and sit up. I don't look at Dad or John, I just hug my knees. The rooms silent...

"Dad, John...  I want to tell you what happened..." I whispered.

Dad and John glanced at each other then looked back at me.

"Okay," John whispered.

"It's okay Brooke," Dad reassured me. I shook my head slowly, it wasn't okay. What I did wasn't okay.

"H-He shot a CIA agent. The man had broke into Moriarty's place and tried to steal his guns... Moriarty asked me to choose a gun, so I did," I told them then looked away. "Moriarty had his family strapped to bombs and if the man didn't beg to be killed then he'd... he'd kill his family. Obviously the man was begging to be killed."

"Brooke, look at me," Dad said softly. I look at him with sad teary eyes. "What happened next?"
"Moriarty told me to pick a gun and shoot the man," I explained then look away again. "I-I couldn't do it, I wouldn't, I've never killed anyone so when I refused Moriarty did it, he shot the man dead!"

Tears slowly slid down my face. Dad pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back.

"It's okay, its okay." Dad whispered.

I gripped his t- shirt. "And the thing with the bomb... I have made a bomb before," I whispered.

What am I doing?

"What do you mean?" Dad asked confused.

"A while ago a man stole a kids bike and hid it in his garage, so I created a small bomb. It was only big enough to blow the garage door off, I made it, used it and got the bike back... I only made it to help someone honest," I explain.

Dad pulled away so I was looking directly at me. "Brooke it's okay," He said and kissed my head softly.

I only nod then look at John. "I am so sorry John, I didn't want to do it," I apologize.

"It's okay Brooke," John reassured me.

I smile sadly the turn back to Dad. "Are you going to tell Mycroft?" I asked softly.

I really don't want him to find out, he'd take me away from Dad then kill me... no word of a lie!

"We won't tell him what you did," Dad told me. I wrap my arms around his neck and sit on his lap.

I felt like a five year old! "Thank you" I mumbled into his shoulder.

I pull out of the hug and John looks at my boot.

"I'll need to look at you're leg. You were stood for a long time last night, I just want to check it okay?" I nod and take the boot off.

John held my leg carefully and looked over it. He touched it in some places where it was swollen. It looked okay, well apart from the lovely blue bruise around my ankle.

I smirked at it. "Hey look, I'm turning into a smurf," I said and point at the bruise.

Both John and Dad chuckled. "Yeah... Brooke's fine," John laughed and strapped my leg back up.

"I'll fix up some breakfast," John said and left.

I got off the bed. I was happy Dad didn't kick off about everything, I was happy John was okay and I was happy Mycroft wasn't going to find out about this... but I still can't help but feel bad about what I did...