Chapter 20: The Great Game: Jim's Offer

~ Brooke's POV ~

I woke up slowly. My vision was slightly blurred and my head was killing, I sat up, I pulled my jacket around me and scanned the room. I was sat on a posh black leather sofa in a posh white room... where was I?

Suddenly I heard a door open from the other end of the room.

"Hello... Is anyone there?" I asked.

"Boss, she's awake," A deep buff voice spoke. I rubbed my eyes and left them adjust, as the figure got closer to me.

"I brought you these for your head ache," The man handed me a glass of water and two tablets; They were normal pain killers.

I took them and handed the glass back to him. "Y-your Jim. Molly's... friend," I stated.

He smiled and sat on the sofa next to me. His hair was combed back and his black suit fit him perfectly. "Oh Brooke, I only needed Molly to get to you," Jim told me. I looked at him with confusion. "And the names Moriarty. James Moriarty."

I shuffled away from him a little. He's the Fan!

"You're the bomber... aren't you?" I whispered.

Moriarty smiled. "Very good Brooke. You really are a cleaver little girly," He complimented me.

It wasn't a difficult leap, I'll be honest.

"Why am I here, I thought you were interested in my Dad?" I asked shakily.

"I want you on my side, I know all about the bad thing's you've done," He told me. I looked away... How does he know. Mycroft doesn't even know.

"I didn't mean to do anything and it wasn't anything big," I defended myself.

"Hmm no. You hacked police records, deleted evidence in order to save your friends from being arrested. You've hacked security cameras a number of times and you even created a mini bomb, but it was only big enough to blow a door off it's hinges," Jim listed.

I bit my lip, the bomb thing was because some guy stole a kids bike, I only made the bomb so I could blow the garage door off and get the bike and the security cameras was just help a homeless boy steal some goods from a shop... he had nothing so I helped him out.

"I was trying to do the right thing," I told him sadly.

"Hmm maybe but I could use a girl like you on my side. I've kept an eye on you for a long time, I'm impressed with your knowledge on weaponry to. Better than my own men," He told me.  I looked at him blankly.

"What makes you think I'll join you?" I asked him.

He smiled and put his arm around my shoulders... He was comforting me?

"I've always wanted a child and you my dear Brooke are my perfect child. I see anger in your eyes, all that anger... I bet if I hand you a gun and gave you a list of people had done you wrong, who had said a bad word against you Mummy and Daddy... you'd kill them without hesitation," He told me.

He's right... I feel anger build up inside when ever someone say's something bad about my family but could I actually kill someone? No I couldn't!

"I've never killed anyone," I told him sternly and stood up shakily.

Jim stood and held my upper arm to help me stand. "Daddy has," He pointed out in a sing song voice. I looked away, the memories of the cab driver came flooding back. "Why don't I let you take a look at what I do," He offered.

Before I can answer he takes my hand and walks me out the room. We walked down the corridor, it was just door after door  until we stood next to a steal door.