Chapter 46: The Empty Hearse: John?

"MOMMY!" I bolted up in my bed as I heard a shout down the baby monitor.

"Good morning! " I groan as I climbed out of bed and walked into Harlee's room.

Stood in the middle of the cot was a now one and a half year old Harlee; He hadn't changed a bit in my opinion, still as cute, still a blondie, still has a cheeky smile and still loud!

"MOMMY!" Harlee shouted in excitement as I picked him up and cuddled him.

I put my finger to my lips. "Shush, Daddy's still asleep!" I told him.

Poor Callum worked till late last night; Callum and his Dad James were working on a deal with the Americans, they had been talking for hours and working out plans. My poor boyfriend deserves an extra hour in bed.

"What happened?" Callum asked as he slowly entered the room.

I huffed and looked at my smiling son. "You are far too loud for this time in a morning," I told him. "Everything's fine, Harlee is just too much of a morning person. Go back to bed."

Callum yawned softly. "You sure?" He asked.

I nodded. "I'll make breakfast," I told him and kissed his cheek.

We went down stairs and Callum got back in bed. I sat Harlee on the sofa then wrapped him in his favourite blanket... The shock blanket.

I turned the TV on and played the Lion King, it was his favourite movie so while he was busy I started making some pancakes for breakfast and of course I had a cup of tea; I wasn't a fan of coffee.

"Oi smelly move over. I want cuddles too," I told Harlee and handed him his little cup of water.

I sat the pancakes on the coffee table too cool then I moved the blanket so I could sit under it as well. I pulled Harlee close to me; The difference in a few months was crazy.

--------------- (TIME SKIP) ---------------

It was now around 9:30am when we all got dressed and Callum woke up, I watched as he walked down the stairs then I noticed something-

"I thought you were going to a meeting?" I asked him and crossed my arms.

"Yeah, I'm going with Mycroft and my Dad," Callum told me.

"Why aren't you wearing a suit then?" I asked.

Everyone who goes to those meeting's wears a suit and I didn't know Callum was an exception to the rules.

"I'm making a statement," He told me with a smile. Here we go!

I frowned. "Is it a 'Nobody can tell me what to wear' statement?" I asked.

Callum sent me a cheeky smile. "Maybe," He told me

I sighed, "You know if you're asked to dress smart then you kinda need to," I pointed out.

He chuckled. "Yeah well you of all people know I don't do what I'm told," He told me with a smile as he came over to me and hugged me tightly then kissed the top of my head.

"You're gonna be late," I told him as I pulled out of the hug.

He looked at his watch and swore under his breath. "I gotta go, I LOVE YOU!" He shouted at darted into the living room. "Bye Harlee, I love you."

"Bey Daddy!" Harlee shouted then ran to the window and watched his Dad get into his car and drive away.

I started cleaning the flat. I know what you're thinking, 'isn't that what Mrs Hudson does?' well no because I rent this place so I clean it... In exchange for her to baby sit Harlee for me while I work at the pub on some late nights. The living room was a mess, Harlee's toys were everywhere and Callum's files for work were everywhere too, they really were just alike it was crazy but then again seeing this stuff was better than seeing case files and mounds of dust everywhere...