Chapter 59: His Last Vow: Meeting Magnussen

It had been a month since Dad and Janine were an item, and boy did I hate her more than ever.
Are any of you familiar with the story of Cinderella? Yeah well she is basically the evil step- Mother (Not literally), all she's done get me into trouble with my Dad and upset Harlee. I could leave at any time I want but I can't, I'm trying to protect my Dad as best as I can even though we're now arguing a lot more.

I've got to try and convince him Janine is wrong for him.

___________________________________

I had been up for about two hours and my phone was going crazy. I picked it up and that John was calling me.

"Hey John what's up?" I asked.

"Brooke are you a the flat?" He asked.

I frowned. "Where else would I be?" I asked.

John sighed. "Look I found your Dad at a drug house and I'm bringing him home," He told me.

My eye's widened and my jaw hit the ground... WHAT!

"My Father was in a drug house?" I asked in utter shock. "I'LL BLOODY KILL HIM!"

"Mycroft's coming over now. Look I've got to go, I'll see you in a few minutes," He said and cut off the call.

I was fuming, after everything, everything and he goes into a little drug den!

I quickly dressed Harlee as Mycroft came up to the top floor.

"Good Morning Brooke," Mycroft greeted.

I sighed and looked at him. "It's not really 'good' is it?" I asked harshly.

Mycroft sighed. "John called you, yes?" He asked.

I placed Harlee on my hip. "Yes he did call me and when my Father get's he I am firstly going to give him a piece of my mind then secondly I want him out of my life I can't take this anymore!" I cried and held Harlee close to me. "I don't want this anymore. I can't handle him on drugs."

"We'll sort this out," He told me. "You don't have to leave!"

"You better sort this or he'll never see me again," I told Mycroft sternly.

I love my Dad really but if drugs were brought into the equation I don't think I could handle him.

Mycroft went down stairs and I stayed up stairs playing with Harlee and his toy cars. If Dad was high, I didn't want to have a conversation with him in case he snapped. I heard some light conversations from down stairs and a door closing; I guess Janine left for work, finally!

I scooped up Harlee and walked down stairs.

I pushed the living room door open and saw Dad talking to John.

"You know Magnussen as a newspaper owner, but he's so much more than that. He used his power and wealth to gain information. The more acquires, the greater his wealth and power," Dad explained as he walked into the kitchen and opened his laptop. Er am I invisible? "I'm not exaggerating when I say the he knows the critical pressure point on every person of note or influence in the whole of the Western World and probably beyond. He is the Napoleon of blackmail and he has created an unassailable architecture of forbidden knowledge. Its name is Appledore."

"Dinner," John said.

I frowned. "Okay what's this about Magnussen?" I asked.

He was a stuck up newspaper owner who always got the story he wanted but other then that I know nothing about him.

"Me, Mary, coming for dinner... With... Wine and... Sitting," John said.

I sat Harlee on the table. "Hold on what did I miss, who's going to dinner?" I asked. I'm so confused!