chapter two

02 SIDE EFFECTS OF LOVE

       ADONIS LOOKED PAST THE WHITE SHEETS COVERING HIS BODY TO APHRODITE'S EYES.

       Her beautiful eyes, even as they slept shut, he felt enchanted into them.

       She was his everything. She made him feel happy and meaningful. She made him feel selfless, something he'll forever be grateful for.

        Aphrodite swirled in her comfort, gripping onto the sheets. "My love." She muffled out, her hand crawling for his. He beat her to it though, and locked their hands together.

       Rubbing the pad of his thumb against her smooth knuckles, Adonis felt the smooth skin that canvassed his lover, that caressed her features so divinely it grown to her role as the goddess of beauty and desire. She certainly lived up to her title. Anyone who laid eyes on Aphrodite could feel the sensation of her looks. Adonis felt lucky to have the same effect on her as she had on him.

       "You look so beautiful in this light. In every light," He started, tucking loose strands of hair behind her soft ear, "Had I no eyes but ears, my ears would love."

        A blush crept onto her cheeks, sitting up she cuddled up to Adonis. Snuggling in his warm hold, feeling both their bodies relax into each other. He peppered kisses along her pale soft skin. Her skin sparkled as the sunlight shone inside through the glass window.

There was no dull moment Adonis experienced with the goddess. She was his gift. And to feel her, was so enigmatic. So treasurous, he never wanted to let her go.

       "It's time." She mumbled, moving her lips against his in a longing kiss. Adonis could feel her throat vibrating as she spoke, the soft groan emitting from his lips in response.

      He gripped the back of her neck, deepening the kiss, wanting to feel her lips for eternity and more.

      "I don't want to leave," He whispered, eyes memorizing every detail that made her face. The curl of her eyelashes, auburn hair crimped water-falling down her back, her eyes green and bright with life, and the constant smile that always stood proud.

       "I know, you have to though, Don," Clearing her throat, the goddess stood from the bed. Her body bare and shameless as she walked to the glass window against a wall in her bedroom.

      "Mm." Adonis mumbled approvingly, his gaze wandering up and down Aphrodite's curves.

       "Go, Don. Before I tackle you on that bed." She teased, throwing her head back to smirk at him.

       He smirked back, chuckling. He clothed himself briskly, watching Aphrodite watch him.

       A frown itched to replace the smirk. He dreaded the moment he had to leave his lover. But Zeus had ordered for him to spend a third of the year on his own, a third with Aphrodite, a third with Persephone. It was exhausting, he felt like a human rubber band, being pulled in opposing directions at different times.

Adonis couldn't find it in him to appreciate Persephone. She was beautiful but not as beautiful as Aphrodite. Her personality was nothing compared to Aphrodite's either. It also didn't help that during his time spent with Persephone, he'd be in the Underworld. A place that mutilated the gods everlasting beauty.

And the time he spent with himself was rather lonely. It's always been lonely, without a maiden by his side to complement his beauty. In the remaining time he spent on his own, he always ventured out, hoping to find someone or something that could help him discover himself. He always felt like an object, like he could only always be someones companion and only worthless on his own. To most in Olympus, he's considered a fool, at least to the gods, most gods.