epilogue

Adonis and I decided to move into the forest. He built me a log cabin with the biggest deck. And a pool in the backyard. It's secluded, which I couldn't be more thankful for. Earth is great at all but humans can be rather too much to handle.

We had a son. That first night he came back to me I conceived Orion. I couldn't be more grateful for my boys. Some days I wake up and wonder how I got so lucky.

Ever since the resurrection with Adonis, though, he's been having nightmares. Flashbacks of the time he was dead. He'd wake up screaming and then I'd lock myself in the bathroom crying because the scene was so heartbreaking.

I go with him to see a therapist now. It's a little hard for her to understand the full story of Adonis because we can't tell her he came back from the dead but she understands depression. And that's what she's helping Adonis with.

My little Orion is only one years old and he already has a toy bow and arrow. It's his favorite.

It's funny to think how much I used to care about being a virgin, or being the best hunter, or protecting wildlife. Which I still like all of those.

Well, except one. I'm very well not a virgin anymore.

Now, here as a human, the only thing I care about is who I become. A mother and a wife. Those titles are the only ones I'm striving to protect.