chapter thirty three

33 DEATH THREAT

     "I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU! YOU SON OF A BITCH!"

Aphrodite storms down the corridors of Zeus' palace with a fiery face and an even fiercer might growing inside of her. When she found out that Adonis was killed at the hands of her brother she didn't believe it. Her heart and mind had a battle. A brother would never hurt his sister, a brother had to protect his sister. Not inflict pain. And killing her most beloved loved was the worst pain Aphrodite has ever felt.

Losing Adonis to Artemis was hard for her. She felt cheated on and betrayed. But at least she knew he was okay and healthy. Now he was dead. Gone forever and a lost soul. This pain hurt a lot more than betrayal.

"Aphrodite? What a lovely unexpected visit." Zeus grins at Aphrodite as she takes taunting steps towards his throne.

"Um. I'll just give you privacy," Apollo stutters beside him. He offers Aphrodite a nervous bow and greeting before exiting the throne room.

Aphrodite is seething. Her body practically glowing with anger. Fists clenched and muscles hardened. She's not one to get physical but today might be the mark of her first battle.

"Tell me you didn't."

Zeus chuckles deeply, resting his chin on his knuckles. "If it's bad, I most likely did. You know me too well to doubt anything more or less."

Her nostrils flare. "Adonis? Is it true."

His body stiffens for only a moment before everything goes back to the calm and collected king he always plays at. "I killed him, yes."

"Why!?" Her voice is strained from gritting her teeth.

"He wasn't meant to die then. I mean..soon, he would. But the arrow that shot was meant for the little huntress."

"Artemis," she spits the name out as if it's the evilest substance.

He curtly nods, "A little rebel, that one. I had her locked up and now she's gone. All my guards and the gods of Olympus are to search for her as we speak."

"You let her escape?" She steps up the throne steps and crumbles up the front of Zeus' collar with her fists. Pulling him up until their nose to nose. "You didn't kill her!"

Zeus grounds his teeth together to contain himself from pounding Aphrodite into the ground. "It'd be good of you to release me," he says in a monotone voice that scares most but Aphrodite doesn't blink.

"Not until you tell me!"

He sighs, wrapping his fingers around Aphrodite's clingy fist and pulling it away. He shoves her down the steps and her body rolls until she lies on the ground.

He licks his lips before biting down on the flesh, feeling satisfied. He likes it when he looks down at peers during conversation.

"You were saying?" He asks in a sweet innocent voice that only adds to the fiery pit.

Aphrodite briskly collects herself and gets up on two feet. If she wasn't mad before she's furious now.

He sighs when all she does is glare at him. Not bothering to respond to his question, probably because he didn't reply to her last hundred. "No. I didn't have the chance to kill her."

"But you will?" A giddy feeling succumbed her. "I mean, once you find her, you'll kill the huntress?"

The nod he offered was unconvincing and hesitant. It made the growl that escaped her lips after seem reasonable.