chapter thirteen

13 A PROPOSITION

LIGHT SHONE FROM THE TALL GLASS WINDOW IN THE VILLAGE HOME, APHRODITE CIVILIZED IN.

It wasn't anything compared to her real home, which was more less a castle, but she tended to feel much more safe in the secluded area. Her village home sat in the woods, just outside the urban boundary lines. It was quiet and serene, leaving Aphrodite with her own thoughts.

Being alone meant Aphrodite could sort out everything she had going on in her head. The acquaintances she grew close to, the weary decisions she'd make, and the beautiful god who swam through her head on a sunny morning like this one.

She hated that Adonis was so handsome. The fact that someone even grew close to as beautiful as Aphrodite scared her. When she first met Adonis, she meant to destroy him. Destroy his beauty and let ashes replace his glistening skin. But it wasn't until she truly seen him intimately, that she fell deeply, irreversibly in love with him.

It wasn't hard or long that Aphrodite realized Adonis was exactly what she was looking for. Someone whom could bring her pleasure and compliment her beauty with poems reciting his love for her. It made her feel powerful. Something she was disregarded with by most.

She hated that everyone in Olympus would continue, till the day they die, to overestimate the goddess of beauty for such trivial appearance occasions. They don't really know what she's capable of.

A knock on the large wooden carved door, grips Aphrodite out of her thoughts. She sets her spoon into the bowl of soup and treks towards the door, a curious glint overlapping her eyelids. Her village home, was not used to visitors.

When she neared the door, she swatted away the wrinkles in her dress, threw on a flirtatious smile and opened the door.

Outside, stood Apollo.

A wave of flattery washed over Aphrodite. Fanning for any attention that came her way, made it so easy to splatter that charming smile and fluttering lashes.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" She asked, the smile and lashes permanent and exhausting.

Apollo grinned back, taking a step closer before realizing she had not yet invited him in, "May I?" He asked, gesturing his hand towards the door entrance.

She nodded, swiftly stepping out of the way to clear his step inside.

Once Apollo walked inside, he brought a hand over his dashing wavy hair locks and shook his arms in delight of the warm cottage, "Feels lovely in here."

Aphrodite laughed, shutting the door with a bang. "Apollo, if you wouldn't mind getting to the point of your unexpected visits, please." She asked, ignoring the compliments.

With a lift of his shoulder, Apollo gazed around till his eyes met Aphrodite's, arching an eyebrow, he spoke, "And why can I not just visit with the queen of beauty herself, with no reason?" He asked, pouting his lips.

Aphrodite ran her slippery tongue against her plump lips. Her eyes followed every speck of movement that the god took. He was graceful in everything he did yet so destructive and capable of immense damage.