chapter thirty four

34 PUNCH LINE

     IT FELT LIKE A FUNERAL AS APHRODITE WALKED THROUGH HADES' DUNGEONS.

Storming down Hades' walls of rotten black and the same color concrete ground is much different than walking down the pristine corridors of Zeus' palace.

         It feels a lot more intimidating and scary. Her steps grow small and hesitant as she continues down the hall to the large stone edged doors at the end. Charcoal roses are crested into the walls, most likely Persephone's doing. Just the thought of the young goddess makes her scream with jealousy. Her beauty threatened Aphrodite just as much as Adonis threatened Artemis' title. Maybe even more.

       Without knocking on the door Aphrodite barges in Hades' quarters. And after seeing sight behind those stone doors, she immediately regrets that move.

        Persephone is rocking against Hades. Moans and groans escape their lips. This is a memory she wants to block forever.

        "Oh!" Aphrodite squeals, turning her body away from the bare sweaty bodies of the two lovers. Crinkling her eyes shut for extra measure.

         "Aphrodite!" Persephone growls when she sees the cowering figure. She turns back to Hades and hits his chest before scrambling up the bed sheet to cover her naked body. "Why didn't you lock the door?"

        Hades shrugs with an annoyed sigh. Clearly not the least bit bothered by the interruption. "Sorry? Usually my men don't have the guts to come in without knocking." His eyes slide past Persephone to Aphrodite, whom still has her body turned. "I see some still have gall."

     Once Persephone is successfully covered she stands up from the bed and glares at Aphrodite's back. "Why are you here?"

        "Is it safe to look?" She asks, peaking her eyes through fingers.

      Hades folded his hands behind his hand and leant against the bed headboard. Still in his birthday suit and still acting nonchalant as ever.

"You can look."

Persephone rolls her eyes to the back of her head.

Aphrodite turns and cringes at Hades before throwing a pillow that had fallen towards his junk.

"I need to talk to you. With clothes."

"About what?" Persephone asks, narrowing her eyes.

Aphrodite swings her head to Persephone and gives her a look like she forgot she was even in the room. "Not you. Just me and Hades."

Persephone shoots her daggers. "Fine. Hades will tell me everything after you leave, anyways," she mumbles, swaying her hips as she bends over the bed and pecks her lips against Hades'. It grows wild and heavy. Aphrodite can hear the loud smacking of their tongues and the appreciative moans that escape both of their mouths.

She clears her throat, smiling tight-lipped when they pull apart.

"Right. I'll be off, then." Persephone gives Hades one last wink before making her exit.

Aphrodite visibly sighs of exhaustion when the door shuts. "She's too much."

Hades flattens his lips. "What are you here for?"

"I think you know why I am here, Hades."

His shoulders harden as he nods. "Adonis."