Chapter 28 Surgery

Eleanor's POV

My eyes watered tears of joy as I laid in the bed, my heart pounded with constant anticipation for Louis to come back. The thought of him made me want to leap out of this bed, but than I would frown again at the remembrance of my condition. How would he react? I was awaiting the moment that he would return to my room, would he even come back? I was stupid of thinking that, of course he would come back!

Wouldn't he?

I sat up in my bed and grabbed the remote by my bedside and turned on the television. Nothing like a bit of TV to make me forget at the moment. But the thought of him wouldn't get kicked out of my head, I kept wondering what he looked like. If he was still happy without me being there. I know that he said that he missed me while I was gone, and I could tell that he meant it. But what if he had a little fling off to the side with another girl? But the media would have picked that up a long time ago. I shook my head as I flipped through the channels worriedly, I settled on the news and set the remote down.

When was he coming back?

Niall's POV

It was like taking a breath of fresh air when we found out Alex was ok, but here we were in the hospital once again. I honestly couldn't believe Eleanor and Aisha, how they came together and actually committed this crime. I knew that I should have hated her at the moment for hurting my best friend, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. She did all of this out of her own version of a sick and twisted love story, if this all went as planned we all know how it would have went down.

Louis wouldn't have used Eleanor as a distraction to forget about Alex, he would have shoved her out of the way while looking for Alex. We all knew that Eleanor wasn't that good at telling secrets, so that cat would have be let out of the bag sooner or later. Tomorrow Alex and Louis were going to go into surgery, and we all would be alone in the hospital.

"Hey Niall, can I speak with you in private for a moment?" Louis suddenly whispered and I nodded before we both stepped outside of the hospital room.

"I need you to do a favor for me tomorrow." He spoke taking in a deep breath.

"Yea sure, what is it?" I questioned, it couldn't have been that difficult.

"I need you to stay with El tomorrow while I'm in surgery." He said and I stood there in the hall with my eyebrows risen.

"Wait a minute, you want me to watch over your crazy, almost dead, psychopath ex- girlfriend!?" I whisper shouted. His shoulders suddenly slumped before he took in a long and deep breath.

"You still lover her, don't you!?" I stated in awe as my eyes widened. His cheeks turned a light shade of pink as his gaze suddenly went to his shoes.

"Yes I do, I just want you to be there to check up on her for me. I know it's the nurses job, but you know nurses don't tell you everything. Plus I don't know how long she has before she..." He trailed off as I saw his eyes begin to water.

"Woah! Woah! Calm down Lou, i'll do it ok. C'mon bring it in." I sighed before we embraced each other comfortingly.

"You guys head home, me and Zayn will stay the night with Alex." Louis spoke before turning and walking back into the room.

*The Next Morning* As soon as I got into the hospital I came to Alex's room and saw Louis already robed up and in a bed beside her. I wished them luck before I gave Louis a look, he gave a slight nod before I nodded back and left. Before I left the night before, Louis told me her floor and room number and I had it drawn on my hand this morning. I came to the room and stood in front of it, wondering what she looked like at the moment.

I grabbed the door handle before knocking and slowly opening it, there she lay on the bed. Her hair was covering bits of her face as I took steps toward her. I pulled up a chair and sat beside her, just watching one of my closest friends laying on her death bed.

"Hey Eleanor, it's me Niall. I don't know if you can hear me, but I just wanted to say that Louis sent me here to watch you while he's in surgery." I spoke

I began to say something else but i was interrupted by the low buzz of music. I took out my phone to check if it was coming from there, but it wasn't. I looked to Eleanor to see familiar white cords going up and into her ears, her fingers began to drum to the music coming from her ear buds. She suddenly opened her eyes and turned to look at me and time froze as she smiled at me.

"Niall, it's so good to see you!" She smiled before I nearly fell out of my chair.

She was supposed to be weak, dying on this hospital bed. But instead she was smiling and listening to music on her phone, what in the world was going on!?

"You're supposed to be dying! Louis has to know!" I gasped trying to regain my breath, a look of hurt flashed upon her expression as she lay there still. Why wasn't she sitting up?

"Can you help me sit up?" She mumbled

"Can't you do it for yourself, I have to go get Louis before he goes into surgery. He thinks you're dying still!" I scrambled to my feet before starting to walk to the door.

"I can't, I'm paralyzed" She spoke and I froze straight in my tracks.

"You're w-what?" I mumbled

"Paralyzed, from the waist down. I don't have a lot of strength and I need help, can you please help me?" She spoke weakly trying to sit up.

Wait till Louis get's a load of this.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Hey you guys! Here's a little chapter to celebrate summer vacation!! and for me that means staying inside, eating, watching netlfix, and browsing the internet XD If you could, please read my new story "On The Run" I'm really liking the concept of it!

Also thanks for all the love you gave me in my other story "Man Down" some of you guys put a comment in every single chapter haha and now i've got a bit over 700 views and I am freaking pumped! Special thanks to @Luke1996Hemmimgs you've literally lit my notifications on fire!

Stay fierce!

"And though she be but little, she is fierce" - Shakespeare