Epilogue

Alex's POV

The trial had gone exactly how I thought it would.

Justice had been served and now I was faced with 3 years in prison, which was accompanied by therapy to help me go back to the way I was. Zayn didn't show up to my hearing, the rest of them came to support me in hopes of my harsh acts being spared. When the verdict was called guilty, I couldn't help but cry a bit inside. Before the trial Louis made me promise that I would be strong no matter what the outcome would be, but I knew that he was also making that promise to himself.

The trial was quiet and in the dark, no news had gotten any word of my murderous acts. The tabloids exploded with the details of Louis being kidnapped, but what accompanied that news shattered my entire world. There were pictures of Zayn and another girl going out on dates, in interviews when he was asked about relationship he would say that we never were an item. That we were just close friends and nothing more, I guess that meant we weren't together anymore. But him and that beautiful girl Perrie looked great together, better than we ever looked.

While in Jail I was sent a multitude of letters from the boys, of course Zayn never sent one but he was mentioned vaguely throughout the letters as if they were afraid of mentioning him. Their amount of letters never faltered and the love they had for me never failed to show, it made me cry sometimes just remembering them. It was several months after my sentence now, I now sat on my bed with a large novel in my hands. Before I was in here, reading would be the last thing on my mind. But now that there was literally nothing better for me to do, I had now become a bookaholic. I even began to write books too, it made me feel amazing that I actually could control someone. To make them feel how I want them to feel, it made me feel as if I was in control of my own life again.

I heard someone walk past me, I set my novel down and was handed a small stack of letters. I smiled as I saw the top letter decorated with stickers and colored pencils, the others were decorated in a similar way except for one. I counted them out and saw that there had been five letters and a parcel sent to me, I frowned in confusion before setting them aside one by one carefully. There was one from Louis, Liam, Niall, but there was a letter and the parcel from Harry. But there was one final letter from someone I hadn't seen in a long time.

Zayn.

My hands shook as I dropped the other letters onto my bed, I gently slid the letter out of the envelope and I began to read.

Dear Alex,
          Hi Alex, I know it's been a while since we've spoken to each other. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for your trial, I just couldn't face you after all that has happened. I feel as if I've left you down and that i've neglected you, I don't know if you've read any magazines lately since I know you aren't that fond of reading. But I have astounding news, i'm engaged. Her name is Perrie and I love her dearly, I know we were  together when we got into this. I think you already know what i'm about to say without me saying it, I don't want to say it but you know it's for the best. It's not that I don't love you anymore, I just don't think it's best that you're still in my life.

I couldn't read anymore.

How dare he send a letter telling me to stay out of his life, i'm sorry i'm not perfect enough to stay in it. I'm not good enough for anyone.

With sobs choking me I ripped his letter to shreds, I blindly grabbed an envelope hoping that the boys would cheer me up with their encouraging words.

Dear Alex,
         Before I start this letter about how i've been, I just want to get something off of my chest. I love you, I don't care what anyone says about it. I am helplessly in love with you, and I can't fathom my life without you. I can't wait till you're out so that I can hold you without any restraint, Zayn was a fool for letting you go. I would never make that mistake, I would treat you so much better than he did I swear. When you get out of there I know Louis will be the first to let you stay with him until you get back on your feet, but please pick me. I won't smother I swear, I also got you something. (I hope the prison lets you have it) I was able to hire an artist to sketch our ship name Halex Myles, isn't it cute? :). I know that it seems overboard and rushed, but I just want you to understand how I feel. I love you Alex, please never forget that. Please call me when you get the chance ***-***-****

Harry was in love wiith me.

I leaped from my bed with the letter in my hands, I speed walked to where I could make a phone call and luckily one was empty. I dialed his number and listened to it ring, I closed my eyes and quietly prayed that he would pick up.

"Hello?

His voice.

"Harry."

"Alex? Oh my god it's so good to hear your voice-"

"Harry stop talking."

"You got my letter, was the art too much?"

"Harry, I have to tell you something."

"You sound so much different, are you eating well? I've heard jail food isn't-"

"Harry could you shut up for one goddamn minute so I can tell you I love you?"

"Y-you what?"

"I love you too you idiot, I love you too."

******************************************************************************************************************************************

I can't believe that this is the end :'(

THERE IS A SEQUEL YOU CAN SEE MY IDEA FOR THE COVER ON MY INSTAGRAM @Zayns_baerrito
SEND ME IDEAS FOR A COVER AND I'LL GIVE YOU A SHOUTOUT AND DEDICATION

THE NEXT BOOK WILL BE CALLED 'Free Falling'