Chapter 31 Fun With Dolls

Zayn's POV

I sat in the darkened hallway outside Alex and Louis's room with my head in my hands, no matter how hard I willed myself to stop I couldn't stop sobbing.

I suddenly heard her screaming Louis's name at the top of her lungs.

I barged through into the room and looked to see her laying in her bed, completely distraught and helpless. I ran over to her and embraced her, willing her to try and calm down. She stopped screaming, but she buried her face in my chest as she sobbed and gripped me tightly.

I tried to act manly, I tried to act strong and to tell her that it was ok.

But I couldn't do that.

I had to let it out, I had to let my emotions flood out of me with my tears. When I opened my mouth and tried to speak encouraging words, all that came out were rough and ragged sobs. I couldn't suck up this raging feeling, I couldn't just shove it under like some would. Most men would probably shed a few tears, but right now I was bawling into the shoulder of my girlfriend. She pulled back to look at me and wiped my cheeks while tears still trickled down her own cheeks in a steady stream.

"Yesterday L-Louis told me that nothing could stop us Tomlinson's. Nothing could ever possibly get in his way from coming back to us, Louis will get through this Zayn. He will fight and he will win, he has to." She spoke before crying into my chest again.

Liam, Niall, and Harry suddenly ran into the room at lightening speed. There eyes immediately went to their best friend, I had to admit that I hadn't gotten a good look at him when I ran into the room to aid Alex.

He had a ventilator down his throat, that was pumping his lungs. Another hooked up to beat his heart, he couldn't even do it on his own. The other lads gathered around him and just watched him, his skin pale and his chest barely moving with each breath the machine pushed through him. Alex let go of my hand and let me go over to the bed, as I stood there tears soaked each of our faces. Niall suddenly gripped Liam and began to cry into his chest as they embraced each other. Harry threw his arm over my shoulder and held me tighltly against his side, it was so hard to just watch him laying there.

"Louis is going to get through this, we all are." Harry murmured.

It was so unusual to see him actually laying still, to not see his bright and vibrant eyes flashing around a room in hopes of adventure. He was so pale that it seemed that he was a plastic dummy, so fake and unlifely that it hurt to look. But I couldn't turn away from him for a meer second, I couldn't keep my tears inside of me any longer. The feeling I had inside of me, it felt as if my heart was beginning to rot inside of my chest. The thought of losing my best friend, my brother. It scared me so much that I felt myself shaking beside the boys, and I just couldn't stop.

The doctor's suddenly walked into the room, we stepped aside to let them check on Louis. I turned to Alex and and saw the nurses and a doctor checking on her, I turned back to Louis to watch them evaluate his sleeping body. The nurse pressed a stethascpe to Louis's chest to listen to a heart beat, she frowned lighlty before moving the medical instrument around on his chest. He frown deepened as she grabbed his wrist and felt for a pulse on his wrist, her eyes widened before turning to the doctor.

"I-is everything alright?" Liam choked out

"There's something terribly wrong." The doctor murmured laying his head against Louis's chest to listen for a heartbeat and his eyes widened.

"This is impossible!" He spoke in awe

"Can you please tell us what's going on!?" Harry sniffled

"Your friend, doesn't have a heart beat. Yet his heart monitor is still going and beating strong, it's almost as if....." The doctor paused before getting closer to Louis, than he knocked on his head as if it was a door. All that was heard was a hollow knocking noise, as if nothing was even inside of his head.

"Nurse, please draw blood from this patient" The doctor spoke before she immediately followed his directions.

She gently pulled back the hold on the needle, hoping to see the familiar scarlet liquid. The vial did fill up with liquid. she emptied it's contents into a small cup and handed it to the doctor, this was truly starting to scare me. He looked into the cup and his eyebrow furrowed, his sniffed the cup and a look of disbelief was written across his face. He then did what shocked just about everyone in the hospital room, he took a sip from the cup.

"This isn't blood.....it's cranberry juice." He uttered in disbelief

"Cranberry juice? That's impossible!" The nurse gasped

"Yes it can, and one thing is for certain. This is not the real Louis Tomlinson, this is a dummy." He spoke

"How!? Who were the doctors that delivered him to this room? How would they be able to switch out the bodies without injuring the real one since he just came out of surgery?" Another nurse questioned

"It could have been a group of doctors working together to try and kidnap Mr.Tomlinson, thats how they could have made it work. They could be a team and would have swapped the body skillfully, we need to search every perimeter of this hospital. Call security and make them shut down this hospital immediately, no one gets in or out without being checked." The doctor spoke before rushing out the room.

"This is all so confusing, can you please tell us what's happening?" Niall asked

"Your friend has been kidnapped and replaced with a doll." The nurse flat out spoke before she rushed out the room.

Here we go again.........

****************************************************************************************************************

I know this probably has taken longer to update but my brain has literally shut down, plus I honestly had no clue how to place this next chapter. But I hope you like the sudden twist on things :)

thanks everyone for the feed back and the loveliness, see you all later!

"Life is like a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving. - Albert Einstein"