TWENTY • THREE

Chapter twenty • three!

❞ Holding hands is a promise to one another that, for just a moment, the two of you don't have to face the world alone

Holding hands is a promise to one another that, for just a moment, the two of you don't have to face the world alone.

AURORA ROLLED HER BRUISED BOTTOM LIP IN HER MOUTH BEFORE making sure that she really heard what he just said.
"So, Marcel and you really killed the counsel except Kieran?"

Klaus nodded. "Yes, we did. How is your lip?"

The strawberry blonde touched her lip and looked and her hand, her lip was still bleeding a bit.
"It's okay, it's just gonna take some time to heal."

He tilted his head to the side and looked at her lip well answering. "You know, some of my blood can heal it immediately."

Rory gave short laugh. "I'm not going to drink your blood, klaus."

The blonde man shrugged. "Your choice, this time."

The banshee hummed as she thought. "What are we going to do, today?"

The hybrid chuckled. "We?"

"You drag me everywhere with you without giving me a choice so you're now stuck with me." She stated with a straight face.

"Okay, we are going to church."

Father Kieran stood just in front and next to the altar — lighting candles.

"Goodmorning, K." Rory shirped.

Father Kieran's face lit up and greeted her back, until Klaus spoke and his face turned to his bored self.

The hybrid walked threatenly behind him and stayed there. "I have a favor to ask."

Aurora rolled her eyes and pursed her lips. "I'm not gonna like it."

"Well, you'll like this one. It involves helping people who need protection. I am saying prayers for the dead. I request a moratorium on favors for the king."

Rory had a shocked look and slapped his shoulder. "I'm so proud of you." She whiped a fake tear away.

Klaus gave a sarcastic smile.

The pastor narrowed his eyes at their action. "And whom, may I ask, do they need protection from?"

"Me."