THIRTY • SIX

Chapter thirty • six!

❞ The past will often attack the present with the pain of your memories

The past will often attack the present with the pain of your memories.

KLAUS HAD SWUNG HIS LEGS OVER the bed and was buttoning his long sleeved shirt with hatred.

"I'd let my guard down and given in to happiness, moor fool, I. Turns out they'd already betrayed me... and brought to town the one thing I'd been running from for centuries." He turned his head around to face the strawberry blonde. "My father."

"Oh."

"Yes, oh." He snarled when he layed down again placing his cushions right.

Her hair slid off her shoulder and fell in front of her face, which occurred often lately. "How will you take revenge on the two if they can already be on the other side of the world?" She questioned.

He groaned out of pain. "I'm not so sure about that. They'll need a cloaking spell, and for that, they'll need a witch. There's only one place they can go... Home."

The hybrid tried to stand up and took support from the decoration of the bed. "Agh!"

Aurora stood up from the chair with an angry face and ran towards him. "You have to take it easy, you're still not fully healed." She scolded.

He almost fell but she catched him quickly. One hand held his hip and the other carefully pushed his chest so that he was back on the bed.

"I'm still hungry." He announced whispering in her ear.

Rory sat down next to him and looked at him closely. Her lips were stuck together, her eyes were stern, but her hands held the stubborn man's shoulder to stop him if he tried to get up again and out of concern.

He breathed in and out in a row. "There's a fresh blood supply in the kitchen."

Rory tilted her head and looked at his puppy eyes, almost melting completely. "You know I can't do that. You were awake when your brother said that to me. So, you can take my blood and get back to bed and be the not homicidal hybrid side."

He laughed lazily and sighed. "If I had a quid for every time a woman has tried that line on me..."

"You'd have, like, no money." She teased.

"I beg to differ. Some women actually find me quite charming." He smirked.

⚘ Memory lane ⚘

A dark, powerful woman giggled.

Klaus and the woman were messing around when Elijah walked in on them. The woman giggled again and they both looked to him.

He stopped at the door and tugged on his suit. "Sleeping with the enemy, I see."

She covered herself with the blanket and looked at him with a oblique smile. "I'm the ally now, darling."

"Well, indeed." The nobel original agreed and walked further into the room to a table were alcohol was placed on and poured some.

Klaus smiled and sat straight. "Oh, and as a gesture of goodwill from our old enemy, tickets to tonight's opera. Les huguenots." He informed flashing the tickets.

"They have a soprano to die for." The ally praised and turned to Elijah who was filling his glass. "I'll introduce you if you promise not to eat her." She stated, stroking Klaus his upper arm.

"Oh, Lana." The original walked back to entree. "A good soprano is never dinner." He hummed drinking.

The blond pointed at him with a smirk. "Tell Rebekah to bring Marcel. Feel free to tell her now, big brother. I have some business I need to discuss with our new ally..."

Aurora was jealous but decided to ignore her feelings.

She swallowed and flipped her hair over her shoulder like she didn't care. "I didn't know you liked opera." She spoke, walking around the room.

The blond man's eyes followed her figure and grinned. He thought he had made her jealous, which was  entirely true.

"Well, I always had a particularly soft spot for 'Les huguenots' I like the story. It was a tale of forbidden love, a 'Romeo and Juliet' of sorts. On the day they are to marry, family and long-festering hatred intervene. Thousands are massacred. A father even kills his own child in the final act."

His face sank and his eyes drowned. "I can almost appreciate the irony." He limped to a glass bottle and poured bourbon into a glass.

"Not sure that helps." Aurora commented skeptic.

"Not sure it doesn't." Klaus commented back.

"Elijah loves you, you realize that?"

He glared and took a big gulp. "Yes. He does, and he proves it time and again, even when my father enlisted him to kill me."

______