TWENTY • SIX

Chapter twenty • six!

❞ People don't know the half of it, but they don't need to know either

People don't know the half of it, but they don't need to know either.

HAYLEY HAD WOKEN HER UP AND explained that Davina had made some drawings a couple months ago of Celeste, who is apparently Elijah's ex and called her evil.

Now, the three were in the study room.

The werewolf and the banshee sat next to each other and the vampire stood straight for the drawings.

The strawberry blonde had her eyebrows furrowed as she listened intensely to the noble original.

"The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them hexa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires had fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, and they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all powerful witch until Davina."

"Who is now all tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection." Klaus said, proudly.

He came into the room with a smile on his face - like yesterday didn't happen.

Aurora pursed her lips and looked at him with her most filthiest look.

He avoided her deadly gaze and looked at the sketches.
"Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil according to our volatile artist in residence."

Aurora rolled her eyes, she really had a tendency to strangle him. He would come back to life anyway.

Elijah nodded and sat down. "Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two hundred years. I don't understand why all those sketches now."

Klaus repeated his brother's action with a tight smile. "Why does any witch anything?"

There was a loud boom up staires that attracted the four.

"Well, that's going well." Klaus waved with his arm.

The oldest original looked up. "If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea."

Rory yelled a yes and high fived him, the brother she liked at the moment more then the other.

The blond man raised his brows and the answer and out of jealousy.
"Oh, are there any more inoppertune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?"