THIRTY • FIVE

Chapter thirty • five!

❞Go ahead, rip my heart out

Go ahead, rip my heart out.

THE STRAWBERRY BLONDE RAN her fingers through his curls and stared at him.

"I know it hurts a lot. You need to hang on a little longer. Not that you can die but, it's overwhelming seeing you in this state, So vulnerable and hurting. "

She set the pillow well and fell back with a sigh, his hand in hers.

His body moved from the traumatic nightmares he was getting all the time and his breathing was ragged.

Elijah came back into the room and saw the two. He smiled and raised his brows hearing her talking. "Hearts eyes are being send my brother's way, do you want to tell me something, Aurora?"

Aurora her cheeks turned red and slapped herself with one of the pillows that decorated the bed. "Elijah!" She warned with a whiny voice.

Her hand was still going through Klaus's hair while she was talking to Elijah without her noticing it.

She was rambling and became redder when she was explaining that she didn't like the hybrid in such an intimate way.

Elijah held up his hand and grinned. "I intend to remove the dagger now. You might want to take a step back."

Her face became less red and she nodded climbing out of the bed.

He took a knife from his pocket and started cutting the wound open. The more he cut it open, the more relief the blond felt.

He rammed his hand into his chest and began to look for the weapon. Once he found it, he pulled it out. His hand to his elbow was covered in blood.

Klaus exhaled and groaned in pain.

Rory desperately grabbed a chair and pulled herself to sit. "Oh god." She breathed out and gagged. "That's disgusting."

She was now turning pale. What's next? Purple? Or maybe green?

Elijah grabbed a towel and cleaned his hands. "Niklaus will be weak as he recovers. So watch over him and feed him if you would, but slowly please, and from your wrist." He politely demanded.

"Don't we have blood bags in the kitchen?"

"We do, but your blood is laced with vervain. So it will burn him. He'll ingest it slower. Perhaps you could use the time constructively, persuade him to not murder his baby sister."

Rory was shocked that Elijah asked her to hurt the hybrid with her blood.

"I never expected to feed a vampire. If someone had said months ago that I was going to live with a vampire family, I would probably curse you out."

Rory rolled her sleeve up and rested her wrist on Klaus his chest. "Here."

He looked at her for assurance to and grabbed her arm with both hands. His sharp teeth tore her skin open and a few drops of blood fell on the floor.

Her eyes wided but was surprised that it didn't really hurt.

He let go when he had enough and layed down again. "Thank you."

"Do you..." She looked away. "You hate Rebekah don't you?"

"She has done what no one else managed to do to me for 1.000 years... " He looked her in the eye. "Rip my heart out."

⚘ Memory lane ⚘

old enthusiastic music played in the building.

Elijah and Klaus were seated. They both had a suit one and their hair smoothed down.

Klaus drank some of his wine. "Look at these two pretending to be apart while so clearly a pair." He frowned.

Rebekah gave a lopsided smile and strutted away leaving Marcel grinning at her figure.

Klaus stood up as Elijah grabbed his arm trying to stop him.

"Niklaus, not now. Why must you cause..."

Klaus pulled his arm away and grabbed his glass of wine and another glass. He made a clinking sound and quickly received everyone's attention.

He raised his hand and the musicians stopped playing almost immediately.

The atmosphere changed from happiness to nervousness.

"I'd like to take the opportunity to draw attention to two people who have been sneaking around behind my back together."

People started whispering and looking accusingly at everybody around them.

Klaus pursed his lips and closed his eyes for a second. "As we move into new era, we require more progressive attitudes to match." He grinned.

He raised his glass and looked serious. "So... to my loving sister and my right handed man and best friend Marcel, may they find joy in each other." He smirked drinking from his glass.

"Enough talk. Music!"

Rebekah was stiff and was even more afraid when she saw her brother walking towards her with even strikes.

"Over the years, I thwarted your loves  simply to protect you. I knew if we had to run again, your heart would be broken, but we don't have to run anymore. We've found a home."

His watery eyes looked at her regretting ones and kissed her cheek. "Be happy my sister."

__________