TWENTY • NINE

Chapter twenty • nine!

❞ We all boil at different degrees

We all boil at different degrees.

THE STRAWBERRY BLONDE HAD anxious written all over her face.

The blonde original wasn't picking up her phone and with the new information that Klaus had told her, that probably meant something happened to her.

Apparently there was a witch who was copying another by making sacrifices rituals and murdered some of the daywalkers.

She had a feeling that it had to do with what had happened last night.

It was still a mystery to where all that power went from Davina.

Rory runned down the stairs with heels on, followed by loud stomping as result that the vampires looked up at her irritated.

"Elijah, Hayley!" She interupped their conversation. "Have you heard anything from Rebekah? She isn't answering her phone."

Elijah looked at her in alarm, putting his telephone down. "I just wanted to ask you if you heard anything from her, Aurora. She isn't indeed picking up her calls."

Hayley frowned and crossed her arms above her stomach, looking at the original. "You worried about who ever killed those daywalkers still being out there?"

"Frankly, I'm worried that she had something to do with this. She's very displeased with Niklaus, perhaps even conspiring..." He trailed of looking at one vampire in particalur who sat in the back, sipping his drink.

Aurora looked up with a dreamy look. "With others."

She nodded to her friend, muttering the trumpet-playing man's name.

Elijah tucked on his suit and the three walked up to him. "Thierry, is it?" He loudly questioned, gaining the vampires interests.

"That's right."

"You know, my sister is rather fond of you. Strange, she's not typically drawn to unmarkable men. Would you care to explain your sudden magnetism?" Elijah stood up straight and waited for his respond.

Thierry denied what he knew and swallowed with trembling eyes. "I don't know what you're -"

He didn't get the time to finish his sentence, Elijah took him by the collar and hit him against the wall, his feet hovering in the air.

Aurora's eyes darkened because of the anger that was growing inside her. She just wanted the blonde to be safe.

Hayley was a bit shocked and quickly walked with the strawberry to the two.

The irritated original grabbed his throat and began to tightened his hold. "You can either tell me what you know or I can distribute tiny pieces of you through out the quarter." He threatened.

Thierry gasped for air. "She asked me to keep out on witch stuff. I found something, and when I showed her, we were jumped by some guy. He desiccated her with his touch." He spilled.

The original slammed his head against the wall. "Like a coward you left her." He shaked his head.

"What was I supposed to do, fight some warlock that took out an original!"

Rory gave him a sarcastic smile. "Maybe you could lift her up and carry her to us." She suggested restfully while explaining with her hands, turning more aggressive by the minute. "Since, you know, you're a supernatural being with super powers and one of them is strenght!"

By this time her face was bright red and she was screaming in his face.

Hayley clasped her hands over her shoulders and firmly returned to her side and said she had to breathe deeply in and out a few times in a row.
"Where was this, exactly?"

"The docks, warehouse 57. I was just doing what she asked. You cannot tell Klaus about this."

Elijah threw him away, literally, and looked at his body on the ground. "I shall take that into consideration."

The three arrived at the location Thierry told and saw Rebekah lying in a circle. A few symbols were drawn on the ground and one on her forehead, her skin was grey and black veins were running down her face. Some of her blood was on the ground and a dead snake.

"Rebekah!"

The man in a suit kept the two girls behind, not to try to step through the circle.

"What's happening?" Hayley asked out of breath.

"Some kind of boundary spell." Elijah answered. "Someone is channeling her. Typically, it's a lethal process but because she's an original, she cannot die. Instead she is an endless source of power."

"So what are we supposed to do?" Rory questioned nervously. "We can't step in it."

"You have to get her out of there."

Elijah called Sophie for help. "You're not listening. We cannot enter the circle. There's some kind of confinement spell or... If I can't remove her, we can't break the link."

"It's a convoluted spell. It's like a witch's recipe." Sophie informed. "You can spoil the balance by adding a more potiënt ingrediënt, a mystical binding agent... I don't know... Volcanic ash, rock salt, anything up to and including eye of newt."

"What about a blood of a witch?" Elijah raised his brows.

"Do you have the blood of the witch?"

He hung up and turned to the pregnant werewolf with a pleading look. "I need a favor."

"The baby." Aurora stated.

"She's a quarter witch." Hayley realised.

Hayley gave her wrist and he bit in it, putting her wrist above the circle, letting the blood fall on it and the lines of the circle began to boil.

When it stopped, Rory ran into the circle and hugged Rebekah's body against her own. "Let's take you home."

Klaus growled at Aurora as the three walked in the compound.

Hayley glared and Elijah raised his hand. "Klaus, calm down. She did nothing wrong."

He grabbed her arm and dragged her up in one of the room with his speed, slamming the door shut. "You're dead."

__________