Revival

Blood.

Blood everywhere.

Elliot's eyes were wide open, a sword coming out from her body.

She gasped for air as the last vestiges of her life slowly escaped her grasp.

History's greatest villain had perished at the hands of her own kind.

Even for a demon, she was too cruel.

"Not yet..." Elliot gasped,"I still haven't avenged...You!" Her hand reached out, grasping at air as she struggled to keep herself awake.

"I...Must purge...THIS WORLD!"

"Fiend! You still do not go down?" The voice of her closest friend roared behind her as swords were driven into her.

"H...Hon..."

"Do not speak my name. You are the most despicable person I know. I cannot believe how far i've followed you so blindly..." The voice behind her was silent for a moment,"But you are my friend. I will spare you the future of torment that you will be a part of if you live."

Elliot died.

But just as her vision blacked out, a screen popped up before her, the fighting melting away.

"What...Is this?" Elliot felt calm.

Calmed than she had ever been before.

Her heartbeat thumped as she read.

It was a summary of her life, her backstory.

At the bottom of it all, was a single button.

And on it, was the word 'Rewrite'.

Her hand reached out for the button, and with every bit of hope and conviction, she pressed it.

—————

"Well. This is it." Jordan sighed.

He stared at the room around him, filled with designs and ideas that had gone stale.

He was Jordan Tews, genius game designer and creator of the popular game [Legacy of Choice].

For fifteen years, the game ran, he racked up more and more money until-

The great calamity.

The fated third world war started, nuclear weapons were used and everyday became a fight for survival in the third world countries.

Crime rates skyrocketed as did suicide.

Even in wealthier countries, it was a luxury to own a house, much less have internet and wifi.

So, in a single month, the servers of [Legacy of Choice] had dropped from the vast hundreds of millions of players to a measly hundred or so.

Essentially, Jordan was bankrupt.

This, his baby, was about to be closed down.

The world didn't need a game.

The world needed salvation.

"You need to stop being deluded Jordan. This is real life. Forget about the stupid game. This is a fight for survival. Only the tough will live." Jordan slapped himself and walked to the window.