Dim Dragons; Dehydrated Dwarves

Candie sighed, sitting down on a rock in despair,"My lord...WHY DO YOU TORTURE ME SO?"

He had looked forward to the Abyssal Dragons.

They were the overlords of the deep dark mountains, several seas away from the Castle of Anguish.

Larger than any other dragon, they towered over even hydras, thousands dying due to accidentally entering their territory.

What he didn't expect was that these abyss dragons...Were so utterly drab and submissive.

"Remind again what you are?" Candie asked the three passively kneeling dragons which were quivering to the bone.

"W-we are of the abyss dragon r-r-race sir." One timidly replied.

"You kill people for fun. And eat mountains when you're bored. Correct?"

"Y-y-yes sir!"

"Then tell me...WHY ARE YOU SO SCARED RIGHT NOW?!" Candie grabbed his hair in a fit of rage.

"AIEEEEE! We're so sorry! We're so sorry!" The dragons cried out,"Please don't kill us!"

"I'm utterly despairing right now. How are one of the supposed most petrifying creatures so utterly average?!" Candie roared, stomping his foot down, causing a nearby mountain to fracture.

"EEEEEE!" The dragons were reduced to apologetic quivering messes.

"Oh for fuck's sake. You eat MOUNTAINS! How are you scared of a single mountain being destroyed?" Candie rolled his eyes,"Right." He tapped his foot impatiently,"You three are going to make this fun for me. Or i'll fucking kill you and find more of your kind. Now..." Candie's eyes were bloodshot under his mask,"We're going to play a game. And if you want to live...Do exactly as I say."

—————

Katherine and the four high elves alongside hundreds of soldiers were trekking to the mountains the dwarves resided in.

Katherine's hands tightened around her horse's reins.

She was at wit's end.

The four high elves had been talking non-stop for nearly a week about Elliot, making lovesick sounds and praising her.

"Oh~He's so strong and manly. He even beats me~Ah I want a man who knows how to put a gal in place~!"

"I know what you mean sister! He's so dreamy! AHHH! I want to hug him and kiss him and fu-"

"That's quite enough!" Katherine yelled.

The four stopped.

"I have been listening to your incessant gossiping for quite enough! Do you know how far up the wall you've driven me?!" Katherine shouted,"For Gaia's sake please talk about something else! I don't want you talking about him anymore!"

Emma raised her eyebrow,"Why? Are you jealous~? Do you want a piece of him?" The other girls giggled.

Katherine's eyes widened in disbelief,"Are you kidding me? Have you four gone entirely bonkers? How could I possibly l-l-like my master?!" She hissed quietly.

"Oh admit it Kat. You're madly in love with him. You just don't want to say it out loud!" Sophia laughed.

"Amen." Penelope giggled.

"Ever since you met him, you four have become insufferable bumbling messes. For Gaia's sake, get your act together! You're nobility! Act like it!"