Shy Creatures

The moment Belladonna was spotted, the giants screamed, pushing their wife and children into the primitive huts, window closed as the sound of doors being barged was heard.

"I, am Belladonna Ageis. I do not wish to harm you, only to speak. If you decline...I will leave."

A sign erected itself before Belladonna, on it the words carved were 'Please go away then.'

Belladonna smirked,"It's a proposition. One i'm sure you'll benefit from. I can guarantee your race's safety from humans and provide ample space for your growing population. You'll never have to worry about humans anymore. And...If I wanted you dead, you'd already be. Send out anyone. I'll even sign a blood contract if I have to."

The words on the sign changed.

'Do you speak the truth?...'

"I swear on the life of my master, if I lie, may I be killed a billion times over." Belladonna was gentle towards gentle creatures and violent towards violent ones.

Treat others the way they treat you.

That's the philosophy Belladonna followed, of course there were some obvious exceptions.

The door at the end of the village, most likely the chieftain's house opened, an old giant walked out, a cane made from a small tree.

He walked slowly to Belladonna, his height twice hers.

"Ah, you must be the chief, I presume?"

The giant nodded,"I am Orathe...Wish to hear your offer. If we can truly live in such a utopia...I will give up my being for my kind. But that mask..."

Belladonna smiled,"Orathe...A courageous name. 'Adventurous One' in your language, is it not? And this mask..." She removed it to show her face,"It's just for cosmetics." She dismissed the true importance of the mask.

She didn't want them to realise it, yet.

The giant chuckled hoarsely,"So you understand our language, human?"

Belladonna nodded,"It is not important, but yes. I have knowledge of over three hundred languages both modern and ancient."

"Such a feat...You truly are wise."

Belladonna laughed,"It's nothing. Shall we?"

Orathe nodded, inviting her into his house.

They sat down.

"So, your deal?" The giant asked.

"Excited, are we?"

"I-I!..."

"It's fine. I understand how you feel. Now, onto talks. I'll be frank with you."

"Please do."

"Please do not think of this as a threat, but a way to negotiate. But there are currently seven warrior flame giants heading here."

"W-what?!" The Orathe roared.

"Calm down. Let me finish my terms. I can get rid of them fairly simply. But first, we have to negotiate. I can swear on my life that on the territory we have, you will not be discriminated against, attacked or killed mindlessly. Unless one of your kind provokes another, of course."

"This...It seems too good to be true."

Belladonna laughed,"Of course, we stand to benefit too! It's a mutualism thing. You get protection, safe cover and trade. But we, what we want is your strength."

"Our strength?..."

"We need you to build the buildings, erect the foundations of our kingdom and henceforth. You will be the architects of our kingdom. Don't worry, I don't want to rush you. If you need time to trust us, just send a few with us. We'll send them back anytime they wish. And we'll let them do the convincing. Those who are unwilling to stay can stay." Belladonna laid out the conditions, it was enticing.

A very enticing bait for the giants.

If all they needed was to place a few blocks here and there...This deal would be more beneficial to them in the long run.

"And if we decline...?"

Belladonna shrugged,"Like I said, i'll leave."

"B-but what about the flame giants?!" Orathe shouted in distress.

"I already told you. I'd leave if you didn't agree or didn't want to talk. Unless you're not allies of mine, why would I help, no? Is there something wrong with my thinking? If I don't benefit, why should I help? It is the same for you, is it not?"

Orathe was utterly defeated,"I...Agree. I will sign the blood contract."

Belladonna clapped her hands,"Perfect!"

Orathe sliced his hand with a crude metal dagger, a trickle of blood dripping onto the contract.

A white emblem formed on the giants' chests, cries of surprise came from the outside as the contract was made clear to everyone.

Belladonna smiled gently,"A wise choice, Orathe. I trust that you will keep your end of the bargain."

Orathe grinned mockingly,"I've been contractually bind. I believe it is I who should be asking you that question."

"Rest assured, they were taken care of the moment you agreed. They're three kilometres north of your hut." She grinned,"So...Shall we get going?"

Orathe laughed,"Yes, yes we should."

Outside, the giants stood outside their houses, one came up to ask.

"Is it true?...Is it really true?" He asked,"Will my wife and children be safe there?"

Orathe nodded gently,"It is as you say, Bazef. Our friend, Belladonna will guarantee it."

"Then please, let me go!" Bazef shouted, bowing.

"Me too!"

"Let me chief!"

"I will go!"

"Count me in!"

One by one, the giants shouted their desire to head to the land where they could live in peace.

Orathe held up his hand, silencing the giants,"If you all truly wish to go that bad...We will all go. Once there, we will live a good life. One where we will not fear for our lives on the daily anymore. So rest easy."

"It's only a few kilometres west of here. For you giants, a few hours trek on foot is all you'll need. I'll bring you there."

—————

Elliot warped to a kingdom south of her castle, across the se, before her a city larger than any she had seen up till now.

It was one she remembered tenderly.

The city of Gaia.

One she had hand drawn and coded into the game, the spawning point of the elven race.

The last person to rule it was one Calix Everide, a friend of hers in her past life.

He had been quite the anti-social geek, as was she.

With walls so high, she could barely make out the people atop the walls.

This is the city of the elves, master.

"Elves huh?...Hopefully they aren't jackasses and arrogant pricks." She whispered as she got in queue.

It looks like Abigail is making quick progress with the elemental troops you provided her.

Candie has conquered Kelilohalla with zero casualties.

The kingdom is now a vassal kingdom to you, he's overseeing the change in powers and such.

Alyssa is currently heading back with the moving city of sin.

The vampires are in tow.

Belladonna has managed to get ahold of the earthen giants at the cost of seven flame giants.

Elliot nodded approvingly,"Good. We better get going then. We need to get a good look at the children Calix has raised. Hopefully she's still there."