No More Running Away

"Well...I'll see you soon." Elliot said as she stood by the entrance of the room.

"Huh?" Honey asked in puzzlement,"Aren't you staying?..."

"I'll be back soon, okay?" Elliot said, beginning to turn around.

"What? No. No no no. Please don't leave me alone again. Please!" Honey shouted, blocking Elliot as he held her hand with desperation written on his face.

Elliot was shocked, stunned into silence as the tinge of guiltiness seeped into her soul.

Then, she remembered something that could console him.

"Hey...I'm not gonna leave for long. Just a lil' while okay? Think of this as a trial period. Like we're together but not engaged." Elliot whispered softly, giving Honey a reassuring squeeze on his shoulder.

"Trial...Period?" Honey asked.

"Mhm. We'll be like those couples that stay with each other but aren't ready yet. You might be...But I...I still need some time." Elliot answered truthfully,"Trust me, alright?"

Honey looked at Elliot giving him those eyes that melted away all the doubt within him as he gave an uneasy smile,"O-okay."

Elliot still saw uneasiness in him and wanted to get rid of it,"Could you...Bend down a little?"

Honey was confused but did so anyway,"Like this?" His face was level with Elliot's, staring into her red eyes.

Elliot's arms clung around his neck and she pressed her lips against his for a moment.

Electrifying sparks flew around them as the world melted away for a short few moments leaving Honey in a state of euphoria.

"I'll be back soon, okay? Just need to sort things out." Elliot told Honey softly as they broke away.

"When will you be back?" Honey asked.

"A few days."

"Then...Promise me one thing."

"Whatever you want."

"Think of me."

Elliot turned as red as a cherry, mumbling her answer,"I...Already am..."

A sense of satisfaction hit Honey as he struggled to keep his inner demons down.

He was quite like the Beast-kin in that sense, only that they had their inner animals.

His was a demon that felt nothing but lust for the one he loved and hatred for anything that touched her.

A demon that would destroy and kill anyone who would dare harm even so much as a hair on her head.

It was usually kept back in the deepest, darkest recesses of his mind, held captive by his mental barrier, preventing it from taking over.

But when Elliot was around, his guard would instinctively lower, making the demon in him lose control much easier.

He and Elliot looked at each other one more time before walking their separate paths.

His was to the dining hall and hers was to Bherealia where her friends were anxiously waiting for her to return after she left a note saying that she would take a short break and ghosted on them.

Elliot opened the door to the rented house, three worried faces peeking through.