A Game

When Elliot walked into the palace, not a single stopped her.

It was a sign of fear, of know that she was not to be easily trifled with.

Walking silently in, Elliot had finally arrived at the throne room.

"You! You...Fiend! Do you think I dare not call for our gods to fight you?! Do you!" A tiny man jumped up and down angrily as humans kneeled down along the red carpet leading up to the little man's throne.

"Dare? No. Go ahead. Call them. See what they'll do against me." Elliot said dismissively, the blank mask seemingly leering at him.

"You!" The dwarf fumed.

He was the last vestige of his race and the man before him simply had not an ounce of respect for him, let alone reverence!

Who was he?

He was a dwarf, highly skilled in creating and refining weapons even gilded diamonds dare not look down upon!

How could that man compare in status?

Then, as he stared a little closer, he realised it.

That mask.

He instantly recognised it.

Blood drained from his face, paling till he was as white as paper.

"P-p-p-please l-l-let this u-u-unworthy o-one go..." The dwarf whispered in an almost inaudible tone.

"What's that? Where did all that false bravado go?" Elliot mocked.

"I...I was w-w-wrong. I h-h-hope s-senior will forgive me."

"Forgive?" The demon laughed heartily for a moment,"Sure! I can forgive you!"

The dwarf's eyes brightened as a load was taken off his back,"Thank you senior! Thank you! This one will never forget your kindness!"

"Huh? Kindness? What kindness? I merely said I could forgive you." The voice turned cold and hardened again,"If you want to be forgiven, you will have to earn it."

"Aieeee! W-w-what does senior w-w-want?" The dwarf screamed, clearly utterly petrified.

The demon's eyes seemed to pierce him, the sheer coldness a blade that cut and sliced all his confidence apart.

Those red eyes were something that would haunt a man to death.

"Play a game with me." Elliot raised her hand, a demons working in the smithing kingdom's mines appearing by her side.

"Eh? Huh?!" The demon saw where he was and hastily kneeled down,"This one pays his respects to his majesty and benefactor!" The boy was barely eighteen, and had scars and marks marring his body.

His face and body were blacked by the soot and he was perspiring heavily.

"What is you name?" The demon asked the boy.

"C-calix sir!" The demon hastily replied.

"Calix? Good name."

"T-thank you, sir!"

"Now, Calix. I have a game I want you to take part in. If you win...You'd be free from slavery."

The boy's eyes brightened.

"You'd also win all the riches you could wish for. That is, if you are willing, of course."

"I am willing!" Calix replied without hesitation.

"Good! We shall begin!"

A small slate formed before Calix's eyes, glowing with mystical radiance.

"This king. He is your ruler. But he has treated you unjustly. Now, he has a full minute to convince you to not destroy this country." Elliot's words struck down like lightning, ringing in everyone's ears.

"If you shatter that slate, you will be free. From tyranny, from destitution, from betrayal after betrayal. From being bullied, from being discriminated against. Your old self will die with the country." Elliot spoke grandiosely,"If you do not, that king will live. But the king will forget you ever existed."

The demon's hand appeared from under the dark cloak that covered it's body.

A hand was raised into the air, within it, a golden pocket watch.

"One minute, starts now." The demon clicked a button, the clock started counting down.

"Calix! I will g-grant you whatever you wish! I will treat you-"

"Forget it." Calix interrupted,"Treating me well? That is merely because you want to save yourself!" Calix sneered,"I've seen you, your majesty. You visit those mines to look down on us demons! Now...Now I have a chance to free my brothers, why wouldn't I?!"

"Calix! Please! Grant us mercy! We will not discriminate against you any further! We will not harm you! So please!" The humans begged, crying out as they begged like fools for their lives, casting away any dignity they had.

"Twenty seconds."

The dwarf panicked,"DON'T PRESS IT! PLEASE!" He screamed out with all his heart, hoping that he would be able to convince him.

"I WILL FOREVER THANK YOU! YOU WILL BE-"

"Time's up." Imposing aura crashed down on the king, forcing him to the floor.

The demon turned to Calix.

"Your choice?"

Calix ruthlessly slammed his hand down on the slate, destroying it completely as he ground it to dust with his foot.

The demon laughed,"Good. Good. You have indeed made the choice. Now you will both get your rewards."

BOOM!

A sword shot out, smashing into the dwarf at breakneck speed, in an instant, he had died.

Calix watched with sickening pleasure at the gruesome sight, grinning maliciously at the little man.

"And you, young man, will also receive you reward. You will be free from slavery and will attain the utmost freedom and power. I will make it so that you would be able to escape the mortal coil."

He began salivating,"S-sir! This one sha-"

He was stopped as stabbing pain pierced him.

He looked down, a gigantic hole in the place where his heart once rested.

"There you are. You have been freed from slavery. You have been freed from this mortal coil. Enjoy yourself." The demon laughed cruelly, Calix flopping to the floor lifelessly.

————

Honey had watched with growing concern.

Without his power, his emotions had flooded back.

He nearly vomited at the sight of the two bodies.

This wasn't Elliot.

Elliot was kind.

She was the person who loved him dearly.

This person that was in her body could kill cruelly, could eliminate without consideration of consequences.

Without conscience.

What had Elliot become?

Was it because of him?