Cruel Kindness

Rumours spread like wildfire, quick and fast.

Travellers spoke of the kingdom of Elisia, wonders and terrors.

Buildings thrice as tall as giants, dragons guarding the gates to the city, vampires prowling for criminals in the night.

Where sewage was brought elsewhere, where clean running water was not a rare commodity.

With fame, came infamy.

Talk of inhuman subjugation stirred the spirit of rebellion, yet many advocated the kingdom's peaceful ways, a place no race would face discrimination.

Of course, the kingdom's ruler and his subjects were shrouded in a thick fog of mystery.

All that was known was the seven masks.

The kingdom's elites, highest of the high.

Each one represented the might of several kingdoms combined.

How one person amassed such talents in a single place, no one knew.

The remaining five kingdoms were sent into a frenzy at the sudden hostile takeover.

They set a meeting with Elisia's envoys while outside forces had finally received news of the birth of the new kingdom.

Belladonna, Persicus and Katherine sat on one end while several other nobles and kings from the kingdoms sat at the other end.

"Ahem." Katherine cleared her throat,"We are the envoys of Elisia."

Alphonse's eyes widened.

He remembered that angel, the one that had destroyed the orcs.

"Father..." Alphonse whispered.

"What is it, Alphonse?" Voltaire asked gruffly.

"That angel...It's one of Sir Elliot's subjects..." Alphonse answered quietly,"I think...Sir Elliot has made due on his promise."

"What?!" Voltaire hissed,"That man...He wasn't joking...But this..."

"I'm sorry, but could you remove those masks? They are...Unsettling." Selia asked, she was the acting head of the beast-kin.

"We cannot. These masks symbolise our fealty to our master. To remove them in the presence of outsiders would be treason amongst our ranks." Belladonna calmly replied,"Treat it as part of an official costume."

Selia nodded, her curiosity unable to calm down.

"So, I will introduce ourselves." Katherine said,"I am Katherine Override, the rook titled Princess. She is Belladonna Ageis, titled Oracle and he is Persicus Ithaiel, titled Archangel."

"I am Selia Greyscale Storme, acting queen of the Beast-kin.

"Voltaire Warthoe, king of Bherealia."

"Darwin Heradale, king of Faveriel."

"Aaron Whiver, leader of the Dragon-kin."

"Edgar Poel, Fifth Emperor of the Holy Empire."

"Let me get this out the way. Why have you come, envoys of Elisia's emperor? Is it to declare war, or to make peace." Aaron asked, his bright cobalt blue hair covering part of his face.

"We are here to make a proposition." Belladonna said,"The end result can end either way. We are have prepared for either." With two sentences, the tension heightened.

"Please, do continue." Edgar said magnanimously, a steely edge to his voice.

"Become vassals to our kingdom. You will retain power and land. We will not interfere with your affairs."