Salvation

They stayed like that for a few minutes, both grateful for their parent and trying to stall time to think of what to say afterwards.

Soon, they moved back and Alyssa dusted herself off,"That was nice, just like the old times, eh?" She winked.

Roxanne cracked a smile,"Just like old times..."

Dreyfus frankly asked the question the Ava couldn't bear to say,"Mum...I know you. You don't come back unless it's important. What's happened?"

Alyssa's face darkened, taking on a serious tone,"A rampaging evil is fast approaching this city, if we don't act we will be consumed with it..."

They both sucked in their breathes.

Alyssa's face turned into a grin again,"Was something you kids would expect me to say, right? Naw, the city's just fine."

"MUM!" Ava yelled.

"Don't scare us like that!" Dreyfus shouted.

Alyssa waved her hand dismissively,"Ah, don't worry, your mother is here because she has found the path to the Vampires' salvation."

"...Are you joking this time?" Ava asked quietly.

"Nope! I've been away so long because I needed to look after Master!" Alyssa grinned.

"M-M....Muh....MASTER?!" Dreyfus stammered loudly.

Ava's smile turned a little more forced,"Mum...Maybe you could explain in more detail?"

Alyssa giggled,"Scary, scary. Ah~Where to start? Ah! Have you heard of the stories of the demon and the hero?"

Dreyfus and Ava nodded,"Yeah we have...But those are just fairytales right?"

Alyssa shook her head,"I participated in it along with Master! And we'd almost won had the hero not been given a temporary salvation by the gods!" Alyssa cursed,"Anyway...I've been taking care of master ever since. And recently, we've managed to crack the code of revival! Now, I have been tasked by master to come back and bring you all to salvation!"

To Dreyfus and Ava it sounded impossible.

So impossible, in fact, that it became possible.

"Okay." Ava breathed,"One thing at a time. First of all, WHY DID YOU LEAVE?"

"I just told you. Do you want me to repeat? I can repeat if you want. But it won't sound as cool as the first time. So I par-"

"No no no no no! I mean why did you leave? Just to participate in a war? That's not like you, mum. You'd choose the vampires over fighting for meaningless ideals." Ava answered.

Alyssa's face beet red,"I-Uh-I...I...I..."

Dreyfus was quiet.

"Mum...Why. Did. You. Leave?" Ava asked, more firmly this time.

Alyssa broke down and explained,"Daughter, I...Have found the one meant for me."

""WHAAAAAAT?!""

"WHO? WHERE? WHEN? HOW?" Dreyfus shouted.

"Master Elliot is the one for me. More than your useless father will ever be!"

"U-useless?! Mum...Dad...How could you say that about him? He tried everything to make you stay!

"That fucking prick told you that? He tried to make me stay alright that, shitty man. Found that prick sleeping with four women at once! Four! And he had the fucking audacity to make me stay!" Alyssa roared.

Dreyfus was shaken by the revelation,"Dad...Cheated on you?"

"That son of a bitch knew what he did and thought that a simple apology was enough to get me back! Well that prick had another thing coming to him! I left that prick in jail to rot and die and I left."

"When you put it that way...It sounds like dad deserved it." Dreyfus said, almost convinced,"But he's really changed! He said he regretted that day! He wants you back!"

Alyssa snorted,"Pffft. That man said that the moment he saw me through the doorway. I've found the one for me. The one who will never wrong me." Alyssa spoke with reverence of the person.

"Mum has a lover?!" Ava squealed.

Alyssa gave a bitter smile,"It's more of one sided love." She sighed.

Dreyfus was confused,"Who in their right kind would not want you? I mean the entire vampire population's still talking about you like some kind of saint."

Alyssa gave a lovesick sigh,"Titles don't matter to the one I love...There are five other people of equal stature with me vying for attention. I...I can't lose out!"

"F-five people as strong as you are fighting over a single person?!" Dreyfus shouted.

"There's even two that are stronger than me...I'm at a disadvantage so I must work harder than them!"

"W-who is this person?..."

"Master Elliot! The only one I have eyes for since I left! I've returned to bring glory to the Vampires once more." Alyssa answered.

"G-glory?"

"Yes! Master Elliot says that I can bring my race with me. Master Elliot intends to create a utopia where all races can live in peace under her rule!"

"Is that even possible?..." Ava asked.

"I believe i've lost the bet. Commandment made it before me. We have one human kingdom down and it only took three days." Alyssa grinned proudly.

"A-amazing!" Dreyfus shouted,"This Master Elliot...If he is this strong, I don't think anyone will disagree to his rule! Especially if you are under him!"

Alyssa grinned,"And~Time. Three days and one hour just off by a single hour. Damn. Well...[Vampiress' Command ]!"

Alyssa used the skill that brought all vampires in her city under her control.

In the city, vampires were astonished.

For a moment, they froze before roaring in excitement.

Dances broke out and vampires of all ages cried and smiled on the street.

Their queen had returned.

Glory to the queen.

Glory to the city of Sin.

The new age was on the horizon.

They could just taste it, the sensation of victory even more delectable than blood.

—————

"The plains of the giants. Home to the giants of earth. An interesting adversary indeed. You have given me this trial, master, and I will pass it with flying colours!" Belladonna shouted.

She stepped into the village that seemed larger than life, giants walking everywhere.

"Now...The pressure points...[Oracle: Pinpoint]!" Belladonna's eyes turned white, information flooding her mind as a sliver of blood fell on the ground.

After a minute, her eyes rolled back, a look a pity covered by the mask.

"Giants...They're not what I expected. Looks like they'll need more training than I expected." Belladonna remarked.